Magic stomp stereo hook up

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
Mjen

Magic stomp stereo hook up

Post by Mjen » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:18 am

Hello all.

New to the GCX here. :)

My magic stomp from yamaha only has one input but two returns. I want to use it in stereo.

I want to turn it off/on using the GCX but how do i route the cables when the MS only has one input and two returns?

I have connected the MS to the send and return of FX Loop 1, and connected a cable to FX LOOP 2 in.

The problem is that now i'm missing a SEND since the MS does not have two inputs.

Any help would be appreciated.

THX.

Marlboro05

Re: Magic stomp stereo hook up

Post by Marlboro05 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:07 pm

Hi there, if you have a stereo setup, you will have 2 paths. So you have 2 amps etc.
If you Yamaha Stomp is your stereo split, it is first in line.
So, all mono effects go before this, like you distortion, boost etc. then after this it becomes L & R.

So feed the loop ie. Loop 1 In (if no other pedals first)-> Loop 1 Snd-> YS In-> YS Out L-> Loop 1 Rtn-> Loop 1 Out-> Next Loop or Power Amp L etc. YS Out R-> Loop 5 Rtn(if you are stereo from here on, use top for Left, bottom for Right)-> Loop 5 Out-> Next Loop or Power Amp R etc.

This is just an option, if you like you can use whatever loops you like. If you have a few mono pedals, use the last 2 loops, if you have a few stereo pedals, use the first.

Cheers.
GCPro, GCX, Pedal Power 2+, Pedal Power AC.
And some other stuff.