i need help programming pllleeeeaaasee help

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
jak

i need help programming pllleeeeaaasee help

Post by jak » Tue May 14, 2019 1:24 am

ok i have put together a rig but..... I'm still new to midi and the way it controls stuff

i currently have

.triaxis with five band EQin the FX loop -> T C electronics G major 2 -> mesa 2:90 -> recto slant 4x12 cab.

also

Roland JC120 -> lonestar 2x12 cab modified to be stereo.

i blend the "triaxis" on clean with the "JC120" with a "mesa boogie switch track"(both on at the same time)....... but use the "gain/crunch" channel in the triaxis by its self

so clean has both amps on and gain/crunch has just the triaxis on.

i need to be able to switch from clean(both amps) to crunch (one amp).

so i managed to get a voodoo labs ground control pro board(cheaply) :D :D :D

so i still need to learn how to program the GCP board and the G-major

so I"ll start with how i wired it up.

triaxis is feeding the "GCP" board with a 7 pin midi cable with phantom power. so GCP midi out socket -> triaxis midi in socket

5 pin cable from triaxis midi out socket to the 5 pin midi in socket on the G-major

5 pin midi out socket of G major to the mesa boogie switch track midi in socket

1st question:
is this the correct way or should i have used the MIDI trough on the triaxis and G major??

MAIN QEUSTION>>>>>>
2nd I'm getting very confused with all the manuals i have no idea where to start LOL its actually doing my head in :oops: :oops:

i did manage to:
device: "1"name: "triaxis" channel:"1"
device: "2"name: "G major" channel: "2"
device: "3"name: "sw track" channel:"3"

how do i make one button on the GCP set gain/crunch triaxis only and other button switch to clean both amps ????????????????? help :?

user manual for switch track
https://mesa-boogie.imgix.net/media/Use ... mbined.pdf

jak

JohnClark

Re: i need help programming pllleeeeaaasee help

Post by JohnClark » Tue May 14, 2019 9:59 am

It looks like you are most of the way there! Right on!

1. For the MIDI Routing, you will want to use the MIDI Thru jacks rather than the MIDI Out jacks on the Triaxis and G-Major.
2. You programmed the Ground Control Pro MIDI devices correctly it looks like, but you will need to go into each device and make sure they are individually set to use the same MIDI Channel as listed in the Ground Control Pro. So, set the Triaxis to Receive on MIDI Channel 1. Set the G-Major to Receive on MIDI Channel 2. Set the Switch Track to Receive on MIDI Channel 3.

Now you should be ready to create Ground Control Pro presets that tell each device what to do.
1. Recall any Ground Control Pro preset you would like to Edit.
2. Press and Hold the Edit Button.
3. The first device in your list will be the Triaxis. Type in the Program Change number you want to send to the Triaxis... it will likely match the patch number displayed on the Triaxis.
4. Press the Select Down Button.
5. The next device in your list will be the G-Major. Type in the Program Change number you want to send to the G-Major.
6. Press the Select Down Button.
7. The next device in your list will be the Switch Track. Type in the Program Change number you want to send to the Switch Track.
(g 7a. Since you likely have not programmed the Switch Track yet, you can simply send it any Program Change, then press the buttons on the Switch Track to set the amps how you like, then press the Switch Track Store Button to save the Amp states to this Program Change number.)
8. Press the Select Down Button.
9. Here you can name your Ground Control Pro preset using the Data +/- Buttons to select the character and the Cursor Left/Right Buttons to move the cursor.
10. Press the Edit Button, then Press the Yes Button to Save.

(If your Ground Control Pro displayed more steps like "GCX-1", or "P1 000 CTL007" then you have some options enabled that you may not be using. These can be turned on or off in the Ground Contro Pro Setup Mode.)

I hope that helps!

jak

Re: i need help programming pllleeeeaaasee help

Post by jak » Wed May 15, 2019 11:19 pm

YOU BLOODY RIPPER!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D thank you John Clark that made it sooo much easier to follow/understand i now can achieve what i set to to do so happy and now have a better understanding of how some of it works

the only thing i "didn't do" is press the save button on the switch track after i set it up for clean(both amps) and crunch(triaxis only) as it would save one and keep it stored for the other setting but all good now

cheers jak