It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Power for 18v, 9v, and 12v AC
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:32 am 

I'm new to the forum and very new to using effects pedals with my 57 Strat RI, Gretsch 6120, and Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb. I'm looking to build a board and want to find one power supply to run a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet @ 18v, a Trex Replica @ 12v AC, and several other standard 9v pedals. Can anyone tell me if there is a power source that handles this well?

Thanks for the patience with a Rookie.

Post subject: Re: Power for 18v, 9v, and 12v AC
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:51 am 
Site Admin

darthpolski wrote:
I'm new to the forum and very new to using effects pedals with my 57 Strat RI, Gretsch 6120, and Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb. I'm looking to build a board and want to find one power supply to run a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet @ 18v, a Trex Replica @ 12v AC, and several other standard 9v pedals. Can anyone tell me if there is a power source that handles this well?

The Pedal Power 2+ will power these easily. Because every output is isolated, you can use a Y cable which combines 2 of the 9V outputs in series to provide 18V. Also, the Replica requires 12VDC@110mA, not AC. That leaves 5 standard 9V outputs for additional pedals.

Thanks!
Josh Fiden
Founder / CEO

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:50 pm 

Josh Fiden wrote:
darthpolski wrote:

The Pedal Power 2+ will power these easily. Because every output is isolated, you can use a Y cable which combines 2 of the 9V outputs in series to provide 18V. Also, the Replica requires 12VDC@110mA, not AC. That leaves 5 standard 9V outputs for additional pedals.

Thanks!
Josh Fiden
Founder / CEO

Hi Josh,
The Replica manual says and well known in T-Rex circles that it will take either DC or AC - thats problaby where the confusion is. Go the DC route anyday I say!

http://www.john-trueman.com : Guitarist from Down Under
http://www.guitarpedals.co.nz

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:47 pm 
Site Admin

Trueman wrote:
Hi Josh,
The Replica manual says and well known in T-Rex circles that it will take either DC or AC - thats problaby where the confusion is. Go the DC route anyday I say!

Thanks for the info, that's good to know!

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:56 am 

I am also new to this forum and the concept of power supplies. How will the PP2+ work with my T-Rex Viper pedal if there is no 12V output on it? :?:

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:02 am 
Site Admin

wharris wrote:
I am also new to this forum and the concept of power supplies. How will the PP2+ work with my T-Rex Viper pedal if there is no 12V output on it? :?:

Take a look at the Pedal Power 2+ specifications on our product page:

http://voodoolab.com/pedalpower_2.htm

All outputs are normally 9VDC. However, there is a set of DIP switches on the bottom which select an alternate function for each output. 1-4 are 12V but not enough current for the Viper. The Viper requires 12V at 162mA. That is approximately what you will get from outputs 5 or 6 with the switch away from normal. That will probably work fine.

I haven't tried this and we get very few inquiries about this pedal. Please post your results.

Thanks,
Josh Fiden
Founder / CEO