Wiring Help for 2 Amp A/B

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
Metaddict

Wiring Help for 2 Amp A/B

Post by Metaddict » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:54 am

Hello everybody,

i would like to incoporate a Roland JC40 into my Setup. Right now i am just using a Diezel VH4 and a few Pedals to create different sounds but i want use the GCX and GCP to Switch between Clean (Roland) and Heavy/Solo (Diezel).
How should the wiring be ?
Is it also possible to Switch the Chorus on/of and the Roland with the GCX?

JohnClark

Re: Wiring Help for 2 Amp A/B

Post by JohnClark » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:04 am

Should be no problem to do both of these.

A/B Switching between your two amps can be done with one GCX Loop. This is shown in Example 2 of the A/B Switching section under Audio Loop in the GCX Manual.
Basicaly, the Out of the last loop you are currently using will go to the In of a unused GCX Loop. The Out of this new loop will go to the Input of amp #1, the Send of this new loop will go to the Input of amp #2. With the Loop Off you will hear Amp #1, with the Loop On you will hear Amp #2.

Controlling the switch functions on the JC-40 can also be done. you will need one free loop for each function you want to control. If you just want to control the Chorus/Vibe on/off, you will need one free GCX Loop. This is shown in the Using Loops as Switches section of the GCX Manual. The JC-40 will use Latching Type switches.
You will connect either the Send or the Out of an unused Loop to the Footswitch Jack for the function you want to control using a regular instrument cable.

I hope this helps!

Metaddict

Post by Metaddict » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:51 am

Thank you John,

tried to upload a GCX Worksheet but it wouldn´t work so i have to write it.
so i guess it should be wired like this:

Pedalboard to Guitar IN (Front Panel)
Guitar Out (Rear Panel)> Loop 1 IN > Send JC Out VH4
Loop 2 Out JC Chorus ON/OFF
Loop 3 In> Send JC Loop > Phaser > Loop 3 OUT > Loop 4 IN > Flanger > Loop 4 OUT > Loop 5 IN > Fashback > Loop 5 OUT > JC Return
Loop 6 IN > VH4 Paralel Loop Send > HOF > Loop 6 OUT > Loop 7 IN > Flashback > Loop 7 OUT > VH4 Loop Return

Is that correct?

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:40 pm

Looks like you got it!

Metaddict

Post by Metaddict » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:21 pm

Great, Thank you very much