It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2 amp channel switching with midi
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:41 am 

Hello all!
I am wondering if someone out there can help me solve a problem.

I play out of 2 amps at the same time setup in stereo.
Here is the basic setup...(It's a little more than this but I'll keep it simple) Guitar into A/B/Y then into a JVM410H and into a Mesa Mark 5.

Both amps are set similar...Channel 1 on clean....Channel 2 dirty....Channel 3 Metal....Channel 4 for Lead Metal.

In the mix I have a Boss Gt6. I use midi from this to the JVM410H to change the channels on the JVM410H.

My problem I am trying to solve if possible is to change channels on both amps using the GT-6 or whatever device would accomplish this.

So basically I would hit pedal 1 on the Boss GT-6 and it would switch the JVM410H to channel 1 and the Mesa Mark 5 to channel 1 at the same time.

To make things even more complicated the Mesa Mark 5 doesn't have a midi connection but it does have 4 trs 1/4" jacks for hooking to a midi device to switch the channels.

Is this possible to do and if so what would I need to buy to accomplish this?
Thanks for any ideas or info.

Post subject: Re: 2 amp channel switching with midi
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:57 pm 

Our Control Switcher can be used here to switch the Channels on the Mark V using the Program Change messages yo are sending from your GT6. You would only need four 1/4" cables and a second MIDI cable.

I hope that helps!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:38 pm 

Thank you! I thought that might do it. Would it connect like this? Boss GT-6 midi out to voodoo control switch midi in, control switch midi out to JVM410H midi in. Then control switch 4 1/4" out to Mesa Mark 5 channel selects in. With this setup both midi gt6/jvm and 1/4" to mesa will work at the same time using the gt-6?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:52 pm 

TheMightyJambi wrote:
Thank you! I thought that might do it. Would it connect like this? Boss GT-6 midi out to voodoo control switch midi in, control switch midi out to JVM410H midi in. Then control switch 4 1/4" out to Mesa Mark 5 channel selects in. With this setup both midi gt6/jvm and 1/4" to mesa will work at the same time using the gt-6?

You Got it! You will need only to say "Mecca Lecca Hi, Mecca Hiney Ho" then program the Control Switcher to respond to Program Changes. I'll assume that the GT-6 is sending on MIDI Channel 1, unless you changed it.

Let us know if you run into any troubles!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:00 pm 

Haha awesome! Thank you! I think I'll order one up this weekend.
Thanks again!