It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Run 6 Pedals With ISO-5?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:01 pm 

Hello All!

I have an ISO 5 that I am very happy with. For a long time I have powered five pedals with no noise or hum, but when I added a sixth pedal a few days ago my rig started to hum. I have a Shure GLXD16 wireless system that can be run from 9v to 15v, so I powered it with the previously unused 12v output. I plugged the other pedals into the remaining 5 spots and there is now an annoying hum that wasn't present before. It seems that running two pedals out of the 9v & 12v 400mA spots are creating a hum since they aren't isolated from each other. I am wondering if there is a way that I can arrange my pedals to stop the hum? Would buying a splitter and powering two pedals out of one of the standard 9v's do the trick? Or do I need to upgrade to a Pedal Power 2+? Please go easy on me because I am a complete noob at such things as this. :D

Post subject: Re: Run 6 Pedals With ISO-5?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:46 pm 

I would agree that the shared ground is what is not making this pair happy. You can try swapping one of your other 9V pedals to see if the things clean up with a different pairing.

Alternatively, you can power just the wireless on the high current section and probably get away with using a Output Splitter Adapter on one of the other 9V outputs to run a different pair of pedals.

What are the pedals you are powering with your ISO-5?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:51 pm 

I appreciate the reply. I have tried almost every pedal combination and there aren't two pedals that play nicely together in the 9v +12v 400mA spots. I have a Crybaby Wah at 9v, a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet that I run at 18v, a Swollen Pickle Fuzz at 9v, the Shure GLXD16 wireless I run at 12v, and a DLS Echotap delay at 9v. The new pedal I am trying to add is a TC Electronic Sub N' Up mini which requires 9v.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:44 pm 

For anyone wondering how this turned out...

I ended up buying an Output Splitter Adapter and it solved my problem. I hooked up my wah and fuzz (both analog) with the splitter adapter and plugged those two pedals into one of the regular 9v jacks. The buzz went away. I tried plugging my two digital pedals together first, but they were really noisy so I stayed away from that. It seems coupling digital pedals together might be noisy.