Need help setting up control switcher with gmajor 2

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
Schutzjosh

Need help setting up control switcher with gmajor 2

Post by Schutzjosh » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:22 pm

So I just got a tc electronic g major 2, I've figured out how to change presets with my behringer midi controller but I'm not sure how to set up each preset with the control switcher setting I select. HELP!!

bettsaj

Re: Need help setting up control switcher with gmajor 2

Post by bettsaj » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:25 am

Hi, and welcome to the forum... firstly, obviously you have the G-Major 2, and the Behringer midi controller which I'm assuming is a FCB1010

Couple of questions, when you say control switcher, are you referring to the Voodoo Lab control switcher? And secondly, how is your rig set up, have you got the G-Major going through an effects loop, obviously it's being controlled via midi, so what have you got plugged into the control switcher?

Can you please give a break down of your gear, and how it's wired? Including most importantly the midi connections.

It should be fairly easy... you send the program change number from the foot controller and then select the combination of switches on the control switcher and then press and hold button number 1. At the same time, press button number 4. The LEDs will blink to confirm that you saved the preset.
"My technique is laughable at times. I have developed a style of my own, I suppose, which creeps around. I'll never be a very fast guitar player."

David Gilmour

JohnClark

Re: Need help setting up control switcher with gmajor 2

Post by JohnClark » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:22 am

Out of the box, you will need to enable MIDI Program Changes on the Control Switcher. Have you done that yet?
Also, do you have the older Control Switcher with the Black buttons, or the newer model with the light up Red buttons?