It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Line 6 HD500 + MESA Dual Rectifier + Control Switcher
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:18 pm 

1st off I have looked through forums, YouTube and manual etc so please bare with me.

I am brand new because I recently bought the Control Switcher to switch Amp channels, on my dual rectifier, and I and use effects on the HD500X.

I just don't understand anything except for how to wire it. I run my guitar to the Guitar in on the HD500X. have Midi out of the HD500X to the Midi In on the Control Switcher. Then I have the external switching 1, 2 and 3(from the amp) going to Switch 1, 2 and 3 on the Control Switcher. Is this correct?

Now how do I sync the Line 6 with the CS?
I told the CS to run as CC... but I do not understand setting groups of CC like the manual says.

I want to set FS1 as my clean, FS2 as my amp channel 2, FS3 as my amp channel 3 and FS1 as my Solo. Every Line 6 preset will have the same 4 effects. Top row for effects and bottom row for amp channels. Literally want to use 1A, 1B, 1C and 1D on the HD500X.

Without calling me out or making me seem dumb, can someone please hold my hand and explain this to me or at least point me in the right direction?

I have to see things to understand and I can't find any in depth YouTube videos. Thanks.

Hammy

P.s. I am used to running the 3 cable method to a VHT Classic 18. Line 6 right to the power section and Control the Line 6 a little differently.

Post subject: Re: Line 6 HD500 + MESA Dual Rectifier + Control Switcher
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:06 pm 

I think you just need to get into the HD500 and assign the MIDI messages you want FS1, FS2, FS3, and probably FS4 to send.(you list FS1 twice, once to control Channel 1, and once to control the Solo Boost... just a misstype?)

The connections to the External Switching jacks on your amp are correct, except that if you want to control the Solo Boost you will need another cable connected between the Solo jack on the amp and the jack for switch #4 on the Control Switcher.

Programming the HD500 buttons is found in the POD HD500 Advanced Guide v2.0 under Apendix B: MIDI. Look for the section titled "The MIDI Assign Screen under Using POD HD500 as a MIDI Controller Device. You will need to set the following...
1. Set the "FS" buttons that you want to use to control the amp to "CC Toggle".
2. Set the CC# for the Control Switcher button you want to control.
3. Assign the MIDI Channel the Control Switcher is listening on to each button.

If the only setting you have programmed on the Control Switcher is to enable CC messages then the Control Switcher switches 1 - 4 should respond to Control Change message 80 - 83 respectively. I assume you have the newer Control Switcher with the illuminated Red buttons... so the default MIDI Channel will be MIDI Channel 1. (If you have the older Control Switcher with the black buttons, the default MIDI Channel will be Channel 16.)

Let us know if you get stuck!