It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: loop #2 not coming on
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:02 pm 

for some reason the GCX works fine with the exception of loop # 2 not coming on.
i have tried what i feel are the obvious things like switching cables and different pedals but the issue always becomes loop #2
Is there a way to diagnose or troubleshoot the individual connecters

thanks in advance for anyone that has an answer

Post subject: Re: loop #2 not coming on
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:13 pm 

I suppose we need some more information here...

Does the GCX Loop 2 LED turn on and off but not the effect in Loop 2? Is this an intermittent problem, or is it that Loop 2 never responds? Does the Active LED on the GCX flash when you attempt to control Loop 2? What are you using for a MIDI controller?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:22 pm 

I'm using a ground control the switch loops I actually didn't notice if the red light was coming on as I was working in the rear of the unit also I'm new to the Gcx so I'm still learning

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:41 pm 

Check that you don't accidentally have Loop 2 set to Momentary in the Ground Control.

This is found in the Setup Mode under Expanders. At the "GCX-1" screen, press the Cursor Right button to see how each loop is set. Use the Data +/- buttons to change the loop setting. Any loop that is switching a pedal in and out of the signal chain should be set to the default setting of "Normal" for a latching switch action.

Also, is this an original Ground Control with the 12 plastic buttons, or a Ground Control Pro with 15 metal stomp switch style buttons?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:50 pm 

So it is in fact a grounds control pro
And I did check the setting mentioned and all 8 loops are set to normal
And I also can confirm that the red light does not come on when using loop 2 which is the only loop that is not functioning

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:30 am 

Ok, I assume you are using Instant Access buttons on your Ground Control Pro to toggle the loops (the smaller numbered buttons on the top two rows). Let's check what Instant Access button 2 is programmed to do.

1. Press both Setup buttons at the same time to enter Setup Mode.
2. Press the button labeled Instant Access (button #6).
3. On this screen the first digit is the Instant Access button you are editing and the following text is telling you what the button is set to control. The screen should say "1. GCX 1 LOOP 1" by default. This means that Instant Access button #1 is set to communicate with the first GCX in the system and will control Loop 1.
4. Press the Select Down button once to see what Instant Access button #2 is set to control. It should be "2. GCX 1 LOOP 2" in order to control Loop 2.

Does it show something different? If so, use the Cursor Left/Right buttons to move the cursor to the field that needs to be changed, then use the Data +/- buttons to change the text.
Once you are finished here simply press either one of the Setup Buttons to exit Setup Mode and you should be ready to go.

Let us know how it goes!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:55 pm 

Ok so that worked thanks a ton however a new problem may have come when I step on the button to select loop 2 I hear the effect turn on for about half a second every time I step on the button so Im Gonna assume there is an issue with the button however the led turns on and stays on but the sound only lasts about half a second.

Have you heard of this one before

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:14 pm 

mindbenderzzz wrote:
Ok so that worked thanks a ton however a new problem may have come when I step on the button to select loop 2 I hear the effect turn on for about half a second every time I step on the button so Im Gonna assume there is an issue with the button however the led turns on and stays on but the sound only lasts about half a second.

Have you heard of this one before

Is it that just the effect comes on only briefly, but the dry signal continues? If so, that sounds like what I first was thinking... that Loop 2 has been set to Momentary. Did you maybe set it to Momentary when checking before?

Is the Active LED on the GCX on when the system is all live and flashes whenever you press Ground Control Pro buttons?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:32 pm 

Yes the signal continues. But the effect does not come on.
The LED does come on and off when I swiitch the loop of and on and stays on when the loop is on .
Illl check that other setting to confirm that isn't set for momentary I hope that's it

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:17 pm 

yes that did it you are in fact a genius
thank you so much