It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PX-8 preset/IA modes
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:06 pm 

Heya...first time posting here. I have a question regarding either the PX-8 or PX-8 Plus: when in preset mode is it possible to still have instant access to your individual loops 1-8? In other words could I have a preset engaged with loops 1, 3 and 7 active and still be able to, say, add and remove loop 5 whenever I want? Hopefully that makes sense. Also (slightly different direction) am I correct in understanding that with a preset engaged there is no way to bypass the unit (for example by pressing the engaged preset switch a second time)?...So you'd have to be in instant access mode and physically switch off all loops, yes?

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

Post subject: Re: PX-8 preset/IA modes
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:54 pm 

When in Preset Mode, the PX-8 has three Preset buttons and four Instant Access buttons, with button #5 setting if the Instant Access buttons control Loops 1-4 or Loops 5-8.

The PX-8 Plus has four buttons (marked A, B, C, and D) that do most of the work. When Button #5 is Green these four buttons are your presets within the current Bank. The Bank Up and Down buttons scroll through the nine Preset Banks.
When Button #5 is Red these four buttons control the individual loops. The Bank Up and Down buttons select between Low for Loops 1-4, or the High Loops 5-8.

A Preset saved with no loops active would effectively "bypass the unit" on either version, but with only three presets on PX-8 I suppose that'd be sort of a waste ;)

I hope that helps!