It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help choosing a power supply? I'm lost
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:56 pm 

I am really terrible at figuring this stuff out.. can someone help me choose a power supply?

I run
Boss es-5
Elektron analog drive
Boss RV-500
Boss DD-500
Big muff pi
fulltome deja-vibe (18vdc)
Dirty little secret
TV electronic sub n up
Keely 4knob compressor

I get that the DLS, Big Muff, keely and sub'n'up all run off of regular 9v, but the others are confusing and nor sure which product can power all of them, if possible. I'll also probably add stuff down the road ;)
I'd really appreciate any help here

Post subject: Re: Help choosing a power supply? I'm lost
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:21 am 

For this setup I'd probably go with a Mondo.

The Analog Drive has a rather large current draw. It can be powered using the two High Current 12V Outputs to the Left of the fan with our Current Doubler Adapter (the one with the Green end) together with a Reverse Polarity Barrel Cable.
Or it can be powered using its included power adapter connected to the Courtesy Outlet on the back of the Mondo.

The RV-500 and DD-500 can each be powered from the High Current 9V outputs directly to the Right of the fan.

The ES-5 can be powered from output 5 or 6 with the corresponding DIP Switch set to Normal.

The Dirty Little Secret will accept 9v-18V, so it can be powered from output 5 or 6 with the corresponding DIP Switch set to Normal for 9V operation, or with the DIP Switch set away from Normal for about 16V.

The 18V Deja-Vibe can be powered using our Voltage Doubler Adapter connected to any two outputs with the corresponding DIP switches set to Normal.

The Big Muff Pi, Sub 'N' Up, and 4-Knob Compressor can each be powered from any of the outputs to the right with the corresponding DIP Switches set to Normal.

I hope that helps!

Post subject: Re: Help choosing a power supply? I'm lost
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:02 pm 

Thanks for the help. Great advice. Went out and bought it this weekend and it works perfectly.
I wish the mondo came with mounting brackets though.. Got to figure out how to get this beast under the board.

PS Its really hard finding anyone with dingbats in stock.. Had to settle for a pedalboard which I'm not too in love with tbh