It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Strymon Timeline and Pedal Power 2
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:55 pm 

Hi there -

My pedal board is powered with a Pedal Power 2. I bought it in 2010 and believe it's a 2 and not a 2+ but can't tell because the logos are covered with layers of grip tape.

Along with normally powered boxes, I've been running a Fulltone OCD on it at 18v as well as a Line 6 DL-4, which I believe is routed to a particular output (5 or 6). I'm now replacing the Line 6 delay with a Strymon Timeline, which requires 300ma of current. According to Strymon, Their box would work with your current doubler cable and two outputs on a 2+ (hopefully, a 2 as well).

I would greatly appreciate if you could tell me a workable approach & distribution of the outputs with there being: 4 devices using normal current (wah-wah, tuner, Lehle switcher, Bad Monkey distortion), 1 requiring 18v (Fulltone OCD) and one requiring 2 outputs and the current doubler (Strymon Timeline).

Right now it appears that all 8 outputs are being used, with the Line 6 Delay still plugged in. Don't know if the Voodoo Lab being the 2 or 2+ makes any difference in this case.

Thanks so much for any help! 8-)

Fuzzbee

http://www.fuzzbee.com/

Post subject: Re: Strymon Timeline and Pedal Power 2
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:24 am 

A Pedal Power 2 (not the +) will not have enough current to power a TimeLine. You can use the supplied power adapter that came with the TimeLine connected to the Courtesy Outlet on the back of the Pedal Power 2.

I hope that helps!

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:30 pm 

Thanks for the reply, John.

So I'm clear, only the A/C outlet in the back would work? There's no way to use a split current cable with 2 different outputs, as I've seen that people do with the 2+?

Thanks again,
Fuzzbee

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:40 pm 

Fuzzles wrote:

So I'm clear, only the A/C outlet in the back would work? There's no way to use a split current cable with 2 different outputs, as I've seen that people do with the 2+?

Thanks again,
Fuzzbee

Exactly! You would need to combine three or more outputs on a Pedal Power 2 for this.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:35 pm 

JohnClark wrote:
Fuzzles wrote:

Thanks again,
Fuzzbee

Exactly! You would need to combine three or more outputs on a Pedal Power 2 for this.

Hi again John,

Now that you've so kindly answered my previous question, I did the archeological work of removing several generations of grippy tape and my unit is actually... a 2+!

Now that that's established, I believe I can plug the Strymon Timeline into, say outputs 4 & 5 or 6 & 7, both set to normal (200 + 100=300)? Alternately, I could use the A/C on the back. All true?

I have 5 units that take regular power, so with 2 used for Strymon, that'd be 7. My other pedal, a Fulltone OCD, wants 18v. Please clarify if that can go in 1 output, which outputs and set to normal or away from normal.

Thanks again in advance.
Fuzzbee

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:13 am 

Well right on! Instant Upgrade!

Yes you can power the TimeLine from your Pedal Power 2+ using a Current Doubler Adapter (the one with the Green end) to combine output 5 or 6 and any other output with both corresponding DIP Switches set to Normal. And of course, yes you could instead use the Courtesy Outlet with the supplied power adapter.

The OCD will accept 9V-18V so there are a few ways to power it. For 9V operation you would use any output with the corresponding DIP switch set to Normal. For 12V operation you would use any one of outputs 1-4 with the corresponding DIP switch set away from Normal. Output 5 or 6 with the corresponding DIP switch set away from Normal would provide about 16V to this particular pedal.
If you wanted to run the OCD specifically at 18V you would need a 2.1mm Voltage Doubling Cable or our Voltage Doubler Adapter connected to any two outputs with the corresponding DIP switches set to Normal.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 2:16 pm 

JohnClark wrote:
Well right on! Instant Upgrade!

Yes you can power the TimeLine from your Pedal Power 2+ using a Current Doubler Adapter (the one with the Green end) to combine output 5 or 6 and any other output with both corresponding DIP Switches set to Normal. And of course, yes you could instead use the Courtesy Outlet with the supplied power adapter.

The OCD will accept 9V-18V so there are a few ways to power it. For 9V operation you would use any output with the corresponding DIP switch set to Normal. For 12V operation you would use any one of outputs 1-4 with the corresponding DIP switch set away from Normal. Output 5 or 6 with the corresponding DIP switch set away from Normal would provide about 16V to this particular pedal.
If you wanted to run the OCD specifically at 18V you would need a 2.1mm Voltage Doubling Cable or our Voltage Doubler Adapter connected to any two outputs with the corresponding DIP switches set to Normal.

Thanks so much for the info! Now to get 'em all working...