It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dream rig 2 heads with pedals with GCX and GCP
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:48 pm 

I'm building my dream rig right now and I'm half way there but what i want to do is run two heads (a two channel marshall jcm2000 and that one i want to run a BBE sonic max through its efx loop and the other amp is a MIDI Engl with NO BBE through the effects loop) each head will run into its own cabinet and i pretty much want to run both heads on all the time. I have four pedals that i want to run in front of both of these amps and four pedals i want to run through the effects loops on both of these amps and I have the GCP and would like to use 1-8 as instant access for the pedals (1-4 efx loop and 5-8 in front of amp) and using the 4 preset feature. I'm wondering do i need to have two separate GCXs in order to do this? Any way someone could help me with a GCX worksheet? new to all of this, Thank you in advance.

Post subject: Re: Dream rig 2 heads with pedals with GCX and GCP
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:51 am 

This shouldn't be too much trouble to achieve, but what exactly are the pedals that you would like to route thru the FX Loops of both amps?
With both amps running at all times, these will need to have stereo Ins and Outs, and you will likely want to have the GCX upgraded to have four Stereo Loops.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:23 pm 

the four pedals in the effects loop/gcx would be a MXR chorus, a MXR carbon copy, a TC Elec. Flashback delay, and a TC Elec. hall of fame reverb (so one chorus, two delays and a reverb) would like these to run as 1-4 on the GCP

the four that will be in front of the amp/gcx would be a Boss NS2, a MXR phase, an old Boss BF2 flange and a modded Boss Tremolo. would like to run these 5-8 on the GCP

How do i go about getting a GCX upgraded to having four stereo loops? Anyway we can draw up one of those cool GCX worksheets (a picture says a thousand words, esp for me haha)

Thank you very much for your response and thank you in advance :D

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:38 am 

OK, so the first problem to overcome is that at least one of your FX Loop pedals (the Carbon Copy) does not have stereo Ins and Outs. This means it cannot be placed into both amps FX Loops at the same time.

What model is the Engl amp you have, and does it happen to have a Parallel FX Loop?

Also, What model MXR Chorus do you have?

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 12:46 am 

Engl amp is Steve Morse, has 2 efx loops and i believe you can make them either parallel or serial according to the manual

MXR chorus is ZW black label

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:13 pm 

Sorry for the delay on this one!

Here is a diagram of what I think should work for your setup.

Attachment:
BD420666_Rig.jpg
BD420666_Rig.jpg [ 100 KiB | Viewed 554 times ]

Your Guitar first hits the pedals in Loops 1-4 before returning to the Guitar In buffer so the signal can be split to feed the front end of each amp.
The FX Send from the Marshall drives the FX Loop pedals in Loops 5-8 and the final Stereo Output goes to the FX Return of each amp. The Engl will need some tweaking of the Balance knob on the FX Loop you use here.

The GCX in this drawing will need the Stereo Upgrade installed for Loops 5-8. Feel free to give us a call or write to info@voodoolab.com for your options on getting the upgrade for an existing GCX or on how to order a GCX with this already installed from your local/favorite Voodoo Lab dealer.

The Output of the Chorus, The In and Out of the Flashback and the Hall Of Fame, as well as the Out of Loop 8 will all use Insert Point Cables. This is also called a Stereo Breakout cable. It will have one TRS (Stereo) end that splits out to two TS (Mono) ends.

The cables between Loops 6 and 7, and Loops 7 and 8 will need to be Stereo Cables.

I hope that helps!