Control Switcher and Harley Benton fxl8 pro

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
NunoGuitar

Control Switcher and Harley Benton fxl8 pro

Post by NunoGuitar » Fri May 12, 2017 12:04 pm

Hello my friends!
I have an HB Fxl8 pro connected to the control Switcher via Midi... but can't get it to work.... I already send PC and CC messages but it memorises the last configuration for all the banks..
what iam i doing wrong?
i used to have the control switcher connected to a line6 M13 and everything was working fine.. but with this loop control i am not able to make it work.. Help please!!!

here is the manual for the Harley Benton Fxl8 Pro:
https://images.thomann.de/pics/atg/atgd ... online.pdf

JohnClark

Re: Control Switcher and Harley Benton fxl8 pro

Post by JohnClark » Fri May 12, 2017 12:28 pm

Is the Control Switcher responding at all?

Does your Control Switcher have the Black Buttons, or the Red Buttons?

Is there any other MIDI device connected to this controller?

NunoGuitar

Post by NunoGuitar » Fri May 12, 2017 1:09 pm

Hi John!!
Theres no other midi connected.. just midi out from Fxl8 to midi in Control switcher...
This one as black buttons..
As i press, let's say, bank D on Fxl8 and save a channel change in the Control switcher, it saves, but when i go to another bank the control switchs stay in that same configuration... if i save a new configuration with no amp channel switch and go back to D, my saved configuration was gone... i assume its getting the same midi note every time i press a switch in fxl8...

I do not understand much of midi programming ... I must be doing something wrong.

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark » Fri May 12, 2017 1:58 pm

Yea, it would appear that your controller is sending the same Program Change with each preset... it looks like you'll need to check the programming there.

I took a look at the manual you've linked and have to admit that without the unit in front of me I am having a hard time myself following what it is saying about how to set Program Changes :oops:

NunoGuitar

Post by NunoGuitar » Sat May 13, 2017 4:40 am

JohnClark wrote:Yea, it would appear that your controller is sending the same Program Change with each preset... it looks like you'll need to check the programming there.

I took a look at the manual you've linked and have to admit that without the unit in front of me I am having a hard time myself following what it is saying about how to set Program Changes :oops:

Yeph!!
I will give it a try today to see if i can manage that.. the thing is, it sends two program changes and two cc.. maybe this is the problem.. it conflitcts... i will try to put the second PC in another midi channel to see if that works. :idea: :idea:
i will let you know i it goes...
Thanks John! ;)

NunoGuitar

Post by NunoGuitar » Mon May 15, 2017 6:50 am

Hi!
I have good news!!
The problem was really a conflict between the two midi messages he was sending ... disabling one solved the problem !! :P :P

DaveBrave

Post by DaveBrave » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:34 pm

I have the same problem, I am using the HB FXL8 with a Marshall 6101 which has midi channel switching.

How did you disable one of the midi channels on the FXL8?

This is very frustrating!

Thanks