It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Voodoo labs mondo
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:45 pm 

Don't know how to set it up, yes I read the manual but don't want to blow any pedals they cost too much, do I have to switch allto 9 volts,
And where do I put the pedal into what input do I put them in I have a lot of pedal with low mA and on the mondo says 400 mA or 250 mA

Which inputs on the unit am I'm not suppose to put any pedals in

Tc electronic mimiq doubler-9 V D.C. Center negative > 300mA
Echoplex delay 9 V D.C. 240mA
Strymon el capistan 9 b D.C. Center negative 250mA
ISP decimator g string ll- 9 v D.C. Negative at leasr 100mA
Mxr analog chorus- 9 v D.C. 13 mA
Mxr kFK ten band EQ- 26mA
Xotic Ep booster- 9 v D.C. Or 18 v D.C. 5mA negative tip
Pinnacle deluxe v2- 9 v D.C. Center pin negative
Evh 5150 overdrive- 9 v D.C. 12.5-14.5 mA
Mxr phase 90- 9 v D.C. 5mA
Mxr chorus ensemble ce-5. 9 v D.C. 4 mA ???
Mxr Evh Flanger- 18 v D.C. Won't hook up to mondo
Boss compressor sustainer cs-3 - 9 v D.C. 10mA Ava series
Boss harmonists ps-6 - 9 v D.C. 45 mA PSA series
Boss digital delay dd-7- 9 v D.C. 9 v D.C. 55 mA
Boss super overdrive sd-1. 9 v D.C. 4 mA

I changed them out so I need to where they go into the mondo

Post subject: Re: Voodoo labs mondo
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 2:20 pm 

Wow! That is quite the list of pedals!

The Mimiq, G-String 2, MXR Analog Chorus, 5150 Overdrive, Phase 90, PS-6, DD-7, SD-1, and what I assume is actually a Boss CE-5 (not an MXR CE-5 :oops: ) can each be powered from any output to the right with the corresponding DIP switch set to Normal, or any 9V output to the left.

The CS-3 can be powered from any of the four ACA outputs with the corresponding DIP switch set away from Normal.

The KFK-1 and EVH Flanger can each be powered using a Voltage Doubler Adapter (the one at the top of the page) connected to any two outputs to the right with the coresponding DIP switches set to Normal or any two 9V outputs to the left.

The El Capistan, and what I assume is the EP-103, can each be powered from either of the 250mA outputs to the right with the corresponding DIP switch set to Normal or any 9V output to the left.

The EP Booster and Pinnacle Deluxe v2 both accept 9-18v and can each be powered from any output on the Mondo regardless of the DIP switch setting.

Now the problem you will run into here is that you have way more pedals than available outputs. You can gang pairs of pedals up on a single output using our Output Splitter Adapter (the one at the bottom of the page) but you may need to experiment with which pedals work well together. Pairing up low current draw pedals is the best place to start. Alternatively, you may want to add a second power supply to keep everything isolated... an ISO-5 would be a good fit here.

I hope that helps!

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:06 pm 

I just put all my dip switches in the top position, the arrow point up for 9 volts.I'll just run the two 18 volt pedals off a surge protector, for now, and what else I don't put on the mondo.When you say normal you mean 9 volts and away from normal like the cs3 you mean the 12 volts? And where are the 4 aca outputs?
Is L6

Right is 9 volt isolated D.C. Output in grey on top and left is the high current outputs in red? Do I just use the cables where both side are black?
THANKS !!

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:22 pm 

Diablo wrote:
I just put all my dip switches in the top position, the arrow point up for 9 volts.I'll just run the two 18 volt pedals off a surge protector, for now, and what else I don't put on the mondo.When you say normal you mean 9 volts and away from normal like the cs3 you mean the 12 volts? And where are the 4 aca outputs?
Is L6

Right is 9 volt isolated D.C. Output in grey on top and left is the high current outputs in red? Do I just use the cables where both side are black?
THANKS !!

Sorry, yes Normal = 9V, the direction of the arrow, for all eight outputs to the right. Or, yes, the settings in Grey on the top panel.

The only switch you will likely set away from the direction for the arrow will be for the CS-5. This will be any of the four outputs to the right labeled "12V ACA" on the top panel.

All your pedals should use the standard all black barrel cables.

I hope that helps!

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:34 pm 

So my ce 5 is 9 volts Si i set that to 12 v. The cs3 is 9 volts to 10 mA Ava series. So your saying the ce 5 goes 12 volts instead of 9?

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:45 pm 

Yes, the Boss ACA series power supplies are actually 12V supplies. The ACA Outputs are the correct ones to use for any Boss pedal that uses the ACA adapters. If powered from a 9V output you will usually notice that the Active LED will be quite dim. This is also mentioned in the Boss section of the Mondo users manual.

Check your pedal closely however, the CS-3 is a bit of a crossover design where the earlier models required the ACA power supply, but ones made today use the PSA power supply.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 4:54 pm 

My super overdrive sd1 on the back under ac adapter says Ava-100. Ava - 120, Ava -220, Ava -240. my chorus ensemble ce-5 just has a rubber Matt on it no label and my compressor sustainer ce3 says psa. My dd7 just say dry battery 9 volt. Will it say if I open up the back what they are?

Thanks a lot I wouldn't havre never figured this out including the PSA and Ava, I read it in the manual but my pedals said 9 volts and was confused why is it saying to use 12 volts , thought if it said 9 volt it was ninewere all psa , glad i got a second opinion

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:19 am 

Well then it looks like only your SD-1 needs the ACA setting. Your SD-1 must be an older model. Like the CS-3, the SD-1 you could buy today takes the PSA adapter.

The CE-5 and DD-7 are both too new to have ever had a version that used the ACA adapter so they both certainly use the "PSA" type adapter.

Good Luck!