Post subject: Can I use slots 6-7-8 to power these pedals? PP2
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:57 am 

I own a PP2 and I need to power this pedals

Ibanez TS9
Boss NS2 / RV6 / BF3 / TR2
MXR Phase 90
Korg PB01 Pitchblack Chromatic Tuner
Line6 DL4

As far I know, the DL4 can be powered by the slots 5-6 and the rest can be powered by any slot between 1-4.

I want to know if its possible to use the slots 6 (i would use 5 for the DL4) 7 and 8 to power the rest of them. I mean, they are all 9v DC right? That would save me money buying unnecesary power supply cables using all the slots

Post subject: Re: Can I use slots 6-7-8 to power these pedals? PP2
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:45 am 

Only your DL4 and NS-2 require any special attention.

The DL4 can be powered from output 5 or 6 with the corresponding DIP switch set away from Normal.

The NS-2 can be powered from output 5 or 6 with the corresponding DIP switch set to Normal.

The rest of your pedals can each be powered from any of the outputs with the corresponding DIP switch set to Normal.

I hope that helps!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:57 pm 

JohnClark wrote:
Only your DL4 and NS-2 require any special attention.

The DL4 can be powered from output 5 or 6 with the corresponding DIP switch set away from Normal.

The NS-2 can be powered from output 5 or 6 with the corresponding DIP switch set to Normal.

The rest of your pedals can each be powered from any of the outputs with the corresponding DIP switch set to Normal.

I hope that helps!

Great. Btw, i could only try my power supply 1 by 1, but when I powered the DL4 it only turned on with the dip switch set on normal, like every other pedal.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:59 pm 

Btw, i forgot. Which cables that comes with the PP2 should I use for the DL4 and NS2? Because i noticed that there's a red one. Everyone is the same or should i be carefull of not using one in particular?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:10 pm 

The DL4 should work when away from Normal... has this one been modified? As it came from the factory, a DL4 will use the cable with the Red end... in fact, it is the only included cable that will fit the power jack on the DL4.

The NS-2, as well as the rest, will use the included standard all black barrel cables.

Good Luck!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:28 pm 

JohnClark wrote:
The DL4 should work when away from Normal... has this one been modified? As it came from the factory, a DL4 will use the cable with the Red end... in fact, it is the only included cable that will fit the power jack on the DL4.

The NS-2, as well as the rest, will use the included standard all black barrel cables.

Good Luck!

I bought it used and the seller didnt say anything about being modified. When I tested it, it didnt turn on while being set away from normal, but it did when the seller told me to put it in normal.

What i dont understand is why it works on the slot 5 being an AC device. I tried one of the Line6 power supply for AC devices and for some reason it didnt work and that scared me. Could i fried it? I didnt test it again since im pretty short of time.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:02 pm 

The DL4 accepts AC or DC power, some proof would be that it can also be powered from 4 C batteries.

We worked with Line 6 to be sure we could power these pedals when they were first launched. On a Pedal Power 2, or Pedal Power 2+ it should be Output 5 or 6 away from Normal. We have been successfully powering these pedals since before they were new even ;)

From the Pedal Power 2 and Pedal Power 2+ manuals:
"You can power the Line 6 modeling pedals (but not POD) using
outputs 5 or 6 and setting the corresponding switch away from
NORMAL. Remember to use the RED 5.5x2.5mm barrel cable for
these pedals."

The Red end is the only connector that will even fit into the power jack of a factory DL4... does yours accept the smaller Black Barrel connector or will it only fit the Red connector?

There was a company modding these pedals for a time and one thing they did was to change the power jack to be a Center Negative 2.1mm barrel jack.