It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Powering more than two pedals from one output?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:13 am 

Hey guys, quick question:

I have more pedals than outputs, by quite a long way... Basically, can I power more than two pedals from one output?

I know you have the output splitters, but these only go split into two... could I theoretically plug one output splitter into another to get 3 pedals powered by one output?

If not then I guess I'll look into a 3+ way daisy chain cable but these are never ideal as there's never quite enough length between the jacks.

Cheers!

Post subject: Re: Powering more than two pedals from one output?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:44 am 

You can certainly chain more pedals from a single outlet but you have to mind the total current capacity of the output used and keep the total demand of all the pedals on the chain at or below the limit.

Stacking the Output Splitters would be an experiment and I cannot say that it will work as expected due to the one side being ground lifted.

How many pedals are you looking to power and which Pedal Power model do you have?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:10 pm 

Hi John, thanks for the quick reply.

Well I guess I phrased my question a bit odd as it was very much stacking output splitters that I was curious about, I know you can easily power more than 2 pedals on one output with a daisy chain. On a related note, can you explain more about the ground lifted feature of the output splitters. Does it matter which side you use for certain pedals? Ie do some pedals like to be on the ground lifted socket, or is it totally irrelevant as long as they're both being used.

Anyway I'm using a Pedal Power 2+ to power 16 pedals... and currently I have an output splitter for each output. I just decided I want to put two more pedals on my board though and I'm wondering how best to go about that as it would mean I have to use at least one output for more than 2 pedals. I have checked and they're all within the total current limits for each output.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:35 am 

The lead with the white stripe is the lifted one. If you will be stacking them you will likely need to put the second splitter on the non lifted side of the first splitter. I cannot say how well this will work, but if you already have multiple spitters, you can test stacking them before having to buy any more.