Powering a Sansamp Bass Fly Rig & a Fly Rig 5 on PP2+

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
dukeofwapping

Powering a Sansamp Bass Fly Rig & a Fly Rig 5 on PP2+

Post by dukeofwapping » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:02 am

Hello Voodoo Lab Gurus,

Would it be possible to power a Sansamp Bass Fly Rig safely on a a PP2+
It's rated at 9v at 200ma/Centre Negative

AND

A Fly Rig 5?
It's rated at 12v at 150ma/Centre Negative?

Yes, I AM using two Fly Rigs on the same board but they're being used for alternating between instruments. I really am not that greedy. But I AM in need of safe power. :)

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Andy

PS

JohnClark

Re: Powering a Sansamp Bass Fly Rig & a Fly Rig 5 on PP2+

Post by JohnClark » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:49 am

You can power both but you will need a Current Doubler Adapter (the one with the Green end) for the Fly Rig 5... the Bass Fly Rig will only need one of the included standard barrel cables.

You can power the Bass Fly Rig from output 5 or 6 with the corresponding DIP Switch set to Normal.

The Fly Rig 5 will use the Current Doubler adapter connected to any two of outputs 1-4 with the corresponding DIP switches set away from Normal together with one of the included standard barrel cables.

I hope that helps!

dukeofwapping

Re: Powering a Sansamp Bass Fly Rig & a Fly Rig 5 on PP2+

Post by dukeofwapping » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:51 am

Hello Mr. C,

Thanks so much for your quick and detailed reply.

I just ordered a green tipped lead from your good selves to power up the FR5. The postage to the UK may be dearer than the cable BUT it'll be so worth it when it arrives. My pedalboard thanks you (as do I) in advance.

Kind regards,

Andy

JohnClark wrote:You can power both but you will need a Current Doubler Adapter (the one with the Green end) for the Fly Rig 5... the Bass Fly Rig will only need one of the included standard barrel cables.

You can power the Bass Fly Rig from output 5 or 6 with the corresponding DIP Switch set to Normal.

The Fly Rig 5 will use the Current Doubler adapter connected to any two of outputs 1-4 with the corresponding DIP switches set away from Normal together with one of the included standard barrel cables.

I hope that helps!