It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Will the PP2+ ever be updated?
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:22 am 

First of all... I am amazed at the customer support you guys offer... with particular reference to this forum... congratulations!!!

I am one of many who own and love the PP2+ and I also suspect that I am also one of many who own an Eventide pedal (ahem!)... I am of course very happy to have followed the ISO5 and Versa product development with some interest as the Eventide's power needs are accomodated into their design.

I have powered up my TimeFactor with the PP2+ as per the usual instructions found on the net, but even though I have not encountered any problems I feel it is safer to wait for a more dedicated option such as the new products mentioned above.

My issue (and I am sure I am not the only one here...) is that I am accustomed to running 6 pedals together with my TC chorus from the courtesy AC of the PP2+. The Versa does feel a bit like overkill and the ISO5 feels a bit limiting for my needs...

Is there or will there ever be an update of the PP2+ on the drawing board that will power an Eventide pedal? The PP2+ sits in between the ISO5 and Versa anyway so it would be nice with this option.

I understand that you can't please everyone but I do feel that this development would please many! :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Will the PP2+ ever be updated?
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:27 am 
Site Admin

You should be able to power the Timefactor with the Pedal Power 2+ using outputs 5 & 6 wired in parallel with a Y-cable and the DIP switches set away from normal. We have not officially recommended this yet because I haven't had the time to fully evaluate it.

Thanks,
Josh Fiden
Founder / CEO

Post subject: Re: Will the PP2+ ever be updated?
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:46 am 

Thanks Josh, that is very interesting to hear. As you see in the photo of my board, I was only using one of those outputs at the time and it seemed to work ok. But I guess this also depends a bit on what other pedals are running from the other outputs on the PP2+... is this correct?

I must confess that I am a bit uneasy about powering up my Timefactor this way just yet until there is some confirmation from yourself or Eventide regarding this.

Anyway, I am sure you will keep us posted about the results once you have had time to evaluate.. so again, thanks for your help.