It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PX-8 set up with NS-2 Noise Suppressor
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:38 am 

Hi. I am new to this forum. I am completely new to some of this pedal loops and switch gear. I am not sure if this has been previously been answered.

I just got my PX-8. I am using a Boss with about 10 pedals including a tuner. I use the advanced set up with the NS-2. NS-2.GUITAR >> NS-2 INPUT NS-2 SEND >> Amplifier INPUT Amplifier FX SEND >> NS-2 RETURN NS-2 OUTPUT >> Amplifier FX Return
What is the best method for connecting the NS-2 to the PX-8? I also run two amps using a Radial ABY amp switcher. What is the best set up for this gear? I appreciate responses very much.

Post subject: Re: PX-8 set up with NS-2 Noise Suppressor
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:36 am 

You will probably still connect the NS-2 directly as you've detailed. However, I'm not sure exactly how you'd go about using the NS-2 in this manner when using two amps... do both amps have effects loops? Do you strictly A/B between them or do you ever run both amps at once?

Where do you run your effects currently?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:27 pm 

Thank you for your reply. Apologies for not being more detailed in my question. I only use the effects loop in amp 1. I am using an ABY switch. 2 amps are on at the same time. The NS-2 runs through all of the pedals. I use the input-output-send-return on the NS-2.

So
NS-2>Pedals>ABY>Amp 1 input and effects loop>Amp 2 input.

I appreciate feedback.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:50 am 

So all your effects are in front of the amps, with no effects in the FX Loop of amp #1?

If so, I'd say the PX-8 would most likely go between the NS-2 Send, and ABY Input.

What is the noise that you are killing with the NS-2 anyway?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:07 am 

I've been out. Thanks for the reply John. I've been playing around with the PX-8 Plus. I must say I a impressed with it. I took out the suppressor.

To clarify. Typically in front of amp 1 - overdrive > fuzz > eq. In back (FX Loop) Chorus/Delay/Trem/Reverb. Ill throw a flanger in there too at times. Any suggestions about placement in the PX-8 Plus? Loops 1-6 to control the FX Loop effects, 7-8 drives and fuzz?

Thanks.