Post subject: New Rig
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:39 am 

Setting up a new rig using the Audio Switcher and Ground Control Pro

Bogner Uberschall
Peavey 5150
TC Electronics G-major
Wireless
Tuner and Wah on pedaboard.

This is rather confusing to get started..... any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Desired setup would be running both head at the same time, stereo effect loop, gcx controlling both amps and the tc electronics g-major. GCX to change midi channels of the g-major as well as channels on the amps.

Last edited by TYDAdam on Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: New Rig
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:26 pm 

For this setup I would start as follows...

1. Wireless Output to GCX Rear Panel Feedthru.
2. GCX Front Panel Feedthru to Tuner.
3. Tuner to Wah.
4. Wah to GCX Front Panel Guitar In.

Now the rear panel Guitar Out can be used to feed the front end of both amps using a Y-Cable (all three ends Mono)... However, you may want to test that this doesn't create a ground loop buzz. If it does, you may want to run an isolation transformer or use a buffered split box that itself isolates the amps.

For the Stereo Effects from the G-Major you will need two free GCX Loops. These will be fed by connecting from the FX Sends on the amps to the GCX Loop In jacks, and then connecting the GCX Loop Out Jacks to the FX Returns on the amps.

The Channel Switching on the Uberschall will use the Out of one GCX Loop connected to the "Ch Select" jack using a standard Instrument cable or speaker cable.
The Channel Switching on the original Peavey 5150 is on the Ring of a TRS jack. So you will either need a custom cable, or use an Inset Cable (one TRS end that breaks out to two Mono ends) and connect the "Ring" end to the Out of a GCX Loop.

The Ground Control Pro can certainly control the G-Major while at the same time controling the GCX. You will first want to go into the Setup Mode on the Ground Control Pro and name the G-Major in the Device Name/Channel section as well as enable GCX-1 in the Expanders section.

Let us know if you get stuck!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:19 am 

I really appreciate your response. I got about 90% of the system wired up last night after work. I will complete the rest tonight then attempt to start programming. If I have any further question, I will let you know. Thank you again!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:03 pm 

ok, not working. let me map this out for you how i have it setup.

loop 1 // in: bogner fx send / out: bogner fx return / send: g-major left input / receive: g-major left output

loop 5 // in: 5150 fx send / out: 5150 fx return / send: g-major right input / receive: g-major right output

loop 2 // output: bogner channel select

loop 3 // output: 5150 channel select.

now the channel selects work.... there seems to be a signal problem getting signal to the g-major.... should i have the amps fx loops and g-major fx loops on seperate gcx loops?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:57 pm 

Your GCX connections look to be correct. Where are you currently connecting the guitar? Are you certain both amps have their FX Loops turned on?