It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Boss ES-8 and GCX
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:09 am 

Hi, I have gcx in "loop2" of my boss es-8 and midi connected. There are pedals in each loop of gcx. When I configure my preset on es8 to turn on loops (for example 2nd and 3rd - I set up CC for each one in preset of es8) - works good, but when I change the preset on es 8 for other loops on gcx ( for example 4th loop on gcx) - loops 2 and 3 on gcx are still turned on with 4th loop, but I need only 4th. Anyone help?

Post subject: Re: Boss ES-8 and GCX
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:24 am 

When you load the new ES-8 preset, you must also send data value of 0 to turn off any enabled loops. I took a quick look at its manual and it looks like you may be limited to only two Control Changes you can send at once from your ES-8.

The GCX Loops respond to MIDI Control Changes 80-87 with a Data Value of 127 turns a Loop On and a Data Value of 0 turns a Loop Off. A Loop will stay in its current state until receiving a message that tells it to switch. For full control you would need to be sending all eight Control Change messages with each preset.

A better fit here might be our HEX switcher. It has six loops rather than eight, but it will respond to MIDI Program Change messages to recall preset loop combinations instead of relying only on full strings of Control Change messages.

I hope that helps!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:48 pm 

JohnClark wrote:
When you load the new ES-8 preset, you must also send data value of 0 to turn off any enabled loops. I took a quick look at its manual and it looks like you may be limited to only two Control Changes you can send at once from your ES-8.

The GCX Loops respond to MIDI Control Changes 80-87 with a Data Value of 127 turns a Loop On and a Data Value of 0 turns a Loop Off. A Loop will stay in its current state until receiving a message that tells it to switch. For full control you would need to be sending all eight Control Change messages with each preset.

A better fit here might be our HEX switcher. It has six loops rather than eight, but it will respond to MIDI Program Change messages to recall preset loop combinations instead of relying only on full strings of Control Change messages.

I hope that helps!

Thank you for reply!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:25 pm 

It seems the problem solved. Es-8 can send 16 CCs in each preset. The point is to manually enable loops that I need on GCX and disable all others within each preset. It is not quite comfortable but it works for me.