It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 10:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Using PX8 Plus with the old 4-loop Pedal Switchers
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:36 pm 

Hello,

Was curious if anyone has any experience using PX8 Plus with the older Pedal Switchers. I assumed the newer devices would be somewhat backwards-compatible, but I'm having a hard time answering the question definitively. The documentation on the Pedal Switcher doesn't say much about its midi capabilities. I would assume under the old model the old switchers would store the loop combinations and the controlling device (Commander or Ground Control Pro) would send the CC changes. Does this mean that the Pedal Switchers are only capable of storing 10 combinations (since the commander only had 10 presets)? Does anyone know what the channel number is for the old switchers?

Thanks,

Jesse

Post subject: Re: Using PX8 Plus with the old 4-loop Pedal Switchers
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:30 pm 

Really? Nothing?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:15 pm 

Sorry for the delayed reply!

The PX-8 Plus will not control the older four loop Pedal Switchers. But one PX-8 Plus can control a second PX-8 Plus.

The original four loop Pedal Switchers can be controlled from the Commander or the Ground Control Pro. The Commander used a somewhat proprietary command set to control the switchers, and the Ground Control Pro sets the switchers to respond to the same Control Change messages as a GCX.

I hope that helps!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:54 pm 

Hey John,

Thanks for the info! I'm a huge fan of the brand, always have been. Everything is built like a rock, super solid, so thanks for turning out great gear.

I wonder what you would do in this scenario. Here's what I'm sitting on-

1x PX-8 Plus
1x Commander
4x Pedal Switcher (old 4 loop version)

I added the PX-8 Plus to bring in more pedals AND (or so I thought) go beyond the 10 presets offered by the commander. So the way I had intended to wire it was like this-

PX-8 -> 1 Pedal Switcher -> Stereo chorus -> 2 Pedal Switchers (left and right for remaining stereo effects).

Any thoughts?

For grins, here are some "work in progress" photos :-)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:19 pm 

Bump ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:55 pm 

Oops again!

You could control all the switchers you currently have from the Commander, but then you would still have only the 10 presets for the whole rig.

As I mentioned previously, one PX-8 Plus can control another. Actually one PX-8 Plus could conceivably control an infinite number of PX-8 switchers, PX-8 Plus switchers, our HEX switcher, as well as our Control Switcher if you needed amp function switching. This would give you 36 presets for the whole rig.

If you need even more presets, our Ground Control Pro can take over and control any of our switchers as well as provide some more control any other MIDI devices.

I hope that helps!