GCX loop volume loss

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
Pauldf

GCX loop volume loss

Post by Pauldf » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:44 pm

How’s things guys.

I wired up my pedals with my GCX and whenever I press number 6 on my GCP the volume drops out. I’ve put different pedals and cables etc. into loop 6 and the same volume loss keeps happening. Has anyone here ever had that problem or am I missing a setting on the GCP that’s causing this to happen.

Cheers guys.

takissam

Re: GCX loop volume loss

Post by takissam » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:02 am

Pauldf wrote:How’s things guys.

I wired up my pedals with my GCX and whenever I press number 6 on my GCP the volume drops out. I’ve put different pedals and cables etc. into loop 6 and the same volume loss keeps happening. Has anyone here ever had that problem or am I missing a setting on the GCP that’s causing this to happen.

Cheers guys.
It have been mentioned in other topics (but can't find it now).
Because of the buffered signal of the GCX, when a faulty cable is inserted all the signal flow will be affected. My suggestion is to try all your cables at you signal chain and not only the pair from loop 6.

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:07 pm

Pauldf wrote:How’s things guys.

Cheers guys.
As a test, try running a known to be good patch cable connecting the Send to the Return on Loop 6.

Let us know what you find!

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:10 pm

takissam wrote:It have been mentioned in other topics (but can't find it now).
Because of the buffered signal of the GCX, when a faulty cable is inserted all the signal flow will be affected. My suggestion is to try all your cables at you signal chain and not only the pair from loop 6.
Because the problem seems to be only when the Loop is active, that eliminates all cables before and after the problem loop as being at fault.

The Buffer would actually often hide failing cables... at least ones that were introducing a load on the signal.

Pauldf

Post by Pauldf » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:26 pm

How’s things guys cheers for replying. To be honest I am actually after going through nearly all the patch cables I have. They are all Planet Waves cables and I have tested them with the Planet Waves cable tester and it’s saying they are all fine.

It has me a bit stumped now if I’m honest. Tomorrow I’m going to strip out the whole GCX and just plug into loop 6 and see if it does it when there is no other loops being used. I’ll keep you posted.

Thanks again.