It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How to control a 3 channel amp switcher via MIDI
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:26 am 

Hi folks I need your help.

I currently use a palmer triage to control 3 different amps that I'm using live. I love it. Quiet, built like a tank, and eliminates any phase issues etc.

I am currently using Ableton Live to trigger changes on my m9, but would like to start using ableton to control the triage as well so that I am "tap dancing" less. i.e. I'm using a Marshall, AC30, and Fender Twin. Sometimes all 3 are engaged and sometimes it is a combination of two, one or none. How can I automate this? Again, no channel switching within the amps themselves - simply ON or OFF.

1. Is the MIDI Hex a way to do this? If not - what could and do so taking up the least amount of real estate. I'd like to keep everything on my board and stay under 50 lbs. and avoid a rack mount scenario if at all possible.
2. Is there a piece of gear out there that receives MIDI that could replace my triage?

Please advise.

Thanks!
Chet

Post subject: Re: How to control a 3 channel amp switcher via MIDI
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:40 pm 

We don't really have a good solution at this point. :(

I don't see any way to use HEX to help. Our GCX could be used after outputs of the Triage to mute/unmute amps (Triage would stay with all amps active) but not only is it a rack device, I think it would be major overkill here.

It is possible that the Triage could be modified to effectively replace the switches with 1/4" jacks... then interface with our Control Switcher to "MIDIfy" your current setup, but I cannot say for certain having never seen inside the Triage box.

Sorry I can't be a better help here!

Post subject: Re: How to control a 3 channel amp switcher via MIDI
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:30 pm 

JohnClark wrote:
We don't really have a good solution at this point. :(

I don't see any way to use HEX to help. Our GCX could be used after outputs of the Triage to mute/unmute amps (Triage would stay with all amps active) but not only is it a rack device, I think it would be major overkill here.

It is possible that the Triage could be modified to effectively replace the switches with 1/4" jacks... then interface with our Control Switcher to "MIDIfy" your current setup, but I cannot say for certain having never seen inside the Triage box.

Sorry I can't be a better help here!

No worries! Thanks for trying to help me. Your customer service is top notch.