It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Using Ground Control for 12 midi presets
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:09 am 

Hello,
I bought GCP with the understanding that all of the switches except for the three on the right were capable of triggering a dedicated CC message. However, in everything I've read, it seems like I can only program up to 10. Since the whole point of this for me is having four columns of three switches a column, is there a way to do this? I don't need any of the other features, I only want to be able to program the left twelve switches to permanently submit fixed CC values that will never change.

I'm using this pedal with my Boss RC-505, which has five loops, so I'd like each of the left four columns to correspond to their own loop. I will never change bank or anything, I just want to be able to program all 12 of them.

Is there a way to edit the Ground Control to do this? Thanks for helping out!

Post subject: Re: Using Ground Control for 12 midi presets
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:34 am 

There is a Beta version of the Ground Control Pro firmware that has a mode with two banks of 12 Instant Access buttons that can each be programmed to send a single Control Change message. Feel free to give us a call or write to info@voodoolab.com to get this update and installation instructions.

However, I am unsure that this is exactly what you are looking for. As a test, you can set up your Ground Control Pro to the "4 Presets per Bank" Mode which will give you eight Instant Access buttons. I'd suggest setting these buttons to perform some of the tasks you want in order to check that their behavior as Control Change toggles will work for you in the first place.

I hope that helps!

Post subject: Re: Using Ground Control for 12 midi presets
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:50 am 

That sounds like it's exactly what I'm looking for! Thank you for such a timely response.