It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Independently midi changes...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:37 pm 

Hope someone can help, Im using GCX/GCP combo, and 3 or 4 units that require midi preset-changes among my effects. Ok what I need is to independently change those presets, like in Ground Control preset 01 to be device A midi-03, device B midi-01 and in device C midi-14. Is that possible? All I can do at this point is to change equally same midi preset number in all devices. I know there must be a way for what I want but Im getting a little frustrated, Im hooking up all midi cables from In-Thru to next unit and so on... I have too a Midi Solutions Quadra (midi 4-way splitter) and a MOTU 8x8 midi interface if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Independently midi changes...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:42 am 

It sounds like you maybe have not gone in and named each of your MIDI devices in the Device Name/Channel list on Ground Control Pro. This is where you would identify each of your non Voodoo Lab MIDI Devices and assign each one its own MIDI Channel. Each MIDI device will also need to be programmed to respond only on the MIDI Channel assigned within the Ground Control Pro. Doing this is what allows you to have presets that can send independent Program Changes to each device. Ground Control Pro has room for up to eight MIDI devices to be independently controlled.

Look to the Device Name/Channel section of the Ground Control Pro manual under Setup Mode. This will show you how to enter a Name for each device, assign each device a MIDI Channel, and set the "Starts At" number.

If you get stuck, let us know exactly what you are controlling and we should be able to get you up and running.

I hope that helps!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:24 pm 

JohnClark wrote:
It sounds like you maybe have not gone in and named each of your MIDI devices in the Device Name/Channel list on Ground Control Pro. This is where you would identify each of your non Voodoo Lab MIDI Devices and assign each one its own MIDI Channel. Each MIDI device will also need to be programmed to respond only on the MIDI Channel assigned within the Ground Control Pro. Doing this is what allows you to have presets that can send independent Program Changes to each device. Ground Control Pro has room for up to eight MIDI devices to be independently controlled.

Look to the Device Name/Channel section of the Ground Control Pro manual under Setup Mode. This will show you how to enter a Name for each device, assign each device a MIDI Channel, and set the "Starts At" number.

If you get stuck, let us know exactly what you are controlling and we should be able to get you up and running.

I hope that helps!

Ok I see... I know that feature of the GC to select (and even name) midi devices but I guess then what I need is to figure out how to select in each midi device its own channel....

The midi devices are:
-Eventide PitchFactor
-Line 6 Filter pro (rack)
-Line 6 M5
-Lexicon MPX-1 (rack)

thank you very much for the advice.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:33 pm 

Here is a quick cheat sheet on each device you have with links to their user manuals ;)

PitchFactor
1. Press and Hold the Encoder and the Right Footswitch for a few seconds to enter System Mode.
2. Turn the Encoder until you see "MIDI" then press the Encoder to select.
3. Turn the Encoder until you see "RCV CH" then press the Encoder to select.
4. Turn the Encoder to select a MIDI Channel number.
5. Press and Hold the Encoder and the Right Footswitch for a few seconds to exit System Mode.

Filter Pro
1. Press the MIDI/Sys button to enter MIDI/Sys Mode.
2. Turn the Program Select knob until the display reads "CH"
3. Turn the Speed knob to select a MIDI Channel number.
4. I'm not exaclty sure how you exit... I'd try the MIDI/Sys button again ;) .

M5
1. Press and hold the Tap footswitch and the Model Select knob to enter Setup.
2. Press the Model Select knob to get to Page 2.
3. Turn the Bottom Left Parameter Knob to select a MIDI Channel number.
4. Press the Tap button to exit Setup.

MPX 1
1. Press the System button to enter the System Menu.
2. Turn the knob until the screen reads "MIDI".
3. Use the < and > buttons to select the "Recieve" submenu.
4. Turn the knob to select a MIDI Channel.
5. Press the System button to go back to the main System Menu (I'm not exaclty sure what gets you back to the regular ready to rock mode ;) )

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:19 pm 

Sorry for delay. THANK YOU very much!!! You saved my life lol, now everything is smooth and working as is intended to be.