It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PX-8 Plus / Initial set up / Issue with Loops 6-8
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:09 am 

Dear voodoo heads have a great day!

I have recently acquired the PX-8 Plus switcher, which I must say took me a couple of attempts trying to understand how it works, not having a manual. Finally I checked again today and I realized that the link available in the website is active this time and a manual is now available. Good news.

However, while trying to program presets I still have the following problem, which I will describe by giving out step by step my actions so far, so that perhaps a set up mistake can be revealed:

1) I connected 6 pedal effects in total. The "Low" row comprises of three pedals connected in loops 1,2 and 3 respectively (Loop 4 is empty). The "High" row comprises of another 3 pedals connected in loops 5,6 and 7 respectively (Loop 8 is empty).

2) The signal chain is as follows: Guitar -> Tuner -> PX-8+ Input -> PX-8+ output -> Radial Engineering Amp switcher (used to split the signal into two amps simultaneously).

3) I am pressing #5 switch to program presets and IA LED goes green.

4) Then I am activating effects from the "L" row and saving them. I can also do the same (activate a loop and save it in a preset) up to loop 5.

5) However, I cannot activate the effects connected in loops 6 and 7. More specifically, in preset mode, I am pressing the bank down/up cursor buttons in order to reach "H" row but loops 6 and 7 are not activated.

Another observation is that when the pedal effects connected in loops 6 and 7 are switched on (from their stomp switch), I can hear them always activated at the end of my signal chain, even though they are not programmed in the preset or even directly toggled.

Any idea why this might be happening?

I will appreciate any help.

Cheers
Mathiodor

Post subject: Re: PX-8 Plus / Initial set up / Issue with Loops 6-8
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:52 am 

I guess I'll start with a full step-by-step for creating a preset (sorry if it seems remedial)

Creating presets on PX-8 Plus

1. While in Preset Mode (LED 5 is Green) Call up the preset you wish to edit.
2. Press Button #5 to go to 4 Button Instant Access Mode (LED 5 will turn Red).
3. In this Mode "L" on the display indicates that Buttons A,D,C, and D control Loops 1-4... activate any of Loops 1-4.
4. Press the Bank Up or Down button to change the display to "H".
5. In this Mode "H" on the display indicates that Buttons A,D,C, and D control Loops 5-8... activate any of Loops 5-8.
6. Press and hold the Store button. The Store LED will turn Green, The Display will flash the current Bank number, and the Preset LEDs will scroll through continually until you make a selection.
(7.) If you want to change the bank that this new preset will be saved to, you can press the Bank Up or Bank Down button to change the Bank
8. Press the Preset button you want these settings to save to.
9. The Preset LED will flash to confirm the save.

Now for the effect always being active... is it possible something is accidentally connected to the Insert Jacks?

If all else fails, maybe we can try a factory reset next.