It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PX-8 plus and GCP
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:25 am 

I'm looking into options for a switching system for my rig and was just curious if the PX-8 and/or the PX-8 plus with power and be controllable via the ground control pro. If I have the PX-8, why would I want a ground control pro? I want my pedals nice and safe behind me on top of my amp and away from where people spill beer or ash cigarrettes on them. I have a gig 6 nights a week at a in Myrtle Beach, SC.

I've thought about a GCX also but, I like the idea of having the PX-8 because then, if the GCP goes out for any reason, I still have the PX-8 on my board as a fail safe.

Also, I use 2 midi capable pedals. A flashback X4 and a Boomerang E-155. I've never used any type of midi controller and I'm just curious how hard it is to control both devices at the same time or even each individually for that matter.

Post subject: Re: PX-8 plus and GCP
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:23 am 

I'm no expert on the PX8-Plus but this is straight from the PX8-Plus manual:

Quote:
When connected via MIDI to the Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro, PX-8+ will function
exactly like the Voodoo Lab GCX Guitar Audio Switcher. You will create presets and
control the loops from the Ground Control Pro. You can also directly toggle loops using
buttons 1-8 on PX-8+.

So in answer to your question..... Yes is the answer :-)

David Gilmour