It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: How to hook up two dmc groundcontrol?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:44 am 

JohnClark wrote:
There is a v2 Beta firmware of the Ground Control Pro that will allow for using two Ground Control Pro units together with one being set to 10 Presets per Bank and the other one set to a new Instant Access mode where there are two Banks of 12 Instant Access buttons. Both units would need the firmware update. Contact us at info@voodoolab.com to get the firmware updates. So far we have been giving them away since they are Beta and have limited support. (I'm probably the only one in the Lab that knows how it works ;) )

Because the Ground Control Pro has both a MIDI In and MIDI Out, changes made on the Preset unit will trigger the appropriate LEDs on the Instant Access unit ...and there is no Merger required ;)

So let me get this right, please correct me if I'm wrong....

GCP1 has buttons 1 thru 0 as preset buttons, per bank

GCP2 has buttons 1 thru 0 and also preset buttons 3 and 4 as IA buttons. This is limited on GCP2 to just 2 banks giving us a total of 24 IA buttons so we can have 2 GCX switchers with 16 stomp boxes all access-able via GCP2 across the 2 banks as well as access to midi CC on processors etc with the remaining 8 buttons.

Question, if i upgraded to firmware to the beta , will the GCP still work as normal when not connected to another GCP. Basically can I upgrade the firmware now and continue using it as normal with the forethought I'll invest in another GCP in say 2 months time?

David Gilmour

Last edited by bettsaj on Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:57 am 

Email sent :-)

David Gilmour

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:12 am 

I think I need to check what firmware version I'm running at the moment as I believe that version 1.00 and 1.01 require other things to be updated first. My GCP is an early DMC version. It may have been updated.... however I fear it hasn't.

I'll let you know after I check it tonight.

David Gilmour

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:37 am 

Good news is, my firmware is at 1.11 :D

David Gilmour