Tecnical data and block diagram about the amp selector

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
fatboy135

Tecnical data and block diagram about the amp selector

Post by fatboy135 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:06 pm

Hi everybody, new voodoo lab owner here.
I just purchased an amp selector to split the signal of the bass through 5 different audio pro preamps to record the signal directly to my daw. Some of the preamps have a high input impedance ( near 1 Mohm ) and other a not so high input impedance ( near 40 Kohm )

For that reason I need some info about the amp selector:
- Input impedance
- Output impedance of each of the 4 trafo isolated outputs
- Output impedance of the non isolated output
- Block diagram to see how is connected in cascade the solid state input buffer and the trafos outputs

Thanks to all and best wishes

Josh Fiden
Site Admin

Re: Tecnical data and block diagram about the amp selector

Post by Josh Fiden » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:58 pm

fatboy135 wrote:Hi everybody, new voodoo lab owner here.
I just purchased an amp selector to split the signal of the bass through 5 different audio pro preamps to record the signal directly to my daw. Some of the preamps have a high input impedance ( near 1 Mohm ) and other a not so high input impedance ( near 40 Kohm )

For that reason I need some info about the amp selector:
- Input impedance
- Output impedance of each of the 4 trafo isolated outputs
- Output impedance of the non isolated output
- Block diagram to see how is connected in cascade the solid state input buffer and the trafos outputs

Thanks to all and best wishes
The input impedance is 1M. Every output is easily capable of driving a 40K load.

Regards,

Josh Fiden
Founder / CEO

fatboy135

Post by fatboy135 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:13 pm

The input impedance is 1M
Good
Every output is easily capable of driving a 40K load
ok so I understand that the buffer and the transformers are calculated to not surrender with that load impedance, but what is exactly the output impedaces??? are them a high z like 1 Mohm or maybe a medium z like 100 Kohms???
and what about the direct output for the tuner??? are this output thought for connect it for high z input amps or maybe for lower impedances as mic/line devices????

thanks for your support

Josh Fiden
Site Admin

Post by Josh Fiden » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:42 pm

fatboy135 wrote:
Every output is easily capable of driving a 40K load
ok so I understand that the buffer and the transformers are calculated to not surrender with that load impedance, but what is exactly the output impedaces??? are them a high z like 1 Mohm or maybe a medium z like 100 Kohms???
I see that you don't understand what impedance means, so further technical details will not be helpful.

Are you having a problem? What are you trying to find out?

Regards,

Josh Fiden
Founder / CEO