It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PX8 Plus: Using a loop as a channel switcher
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:16 am 

Hey there,

I just bought the PX8 Plus and I have a question regarding using it to switch between my clean and distortion channels.

I have an Orange Rockerverb Mk3 Head that i'm using and an orange brand two switch pedal that plugs in w/ quarter inch cables into the back (they can be plugged into the attenuation/channel switch/reverb jacks to control them with the pedal). I'm trying to get the PX8 to use its first loop for the channel switcher so i can create a present that will change the amp's channel and activate my other pedals with the push of one button (IE: so i can switch seamlessly to the clean channel from distortion and activate effects on top of it). Is there any way to do this? I've tinkered with it a bit, but i can't seem to figure it out!

Thanks!

- Dave

Post subject: Re: PX8 Plus: Using a loop as a channel switcher
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:08 am 

Dave's not here man!

Interesting screen name. You should meet forum user Gainstrive... he even has the same amp! :P

PX-8, and PX-8 Plus loops are not really meant for preforming amp channel/function switching, but the presets can be used to control a Control Switcher that is intended for channel/function switching.

The Control Switcher will interface to the amp using the same cables that would connect the Footswitch.

The PX-8 Plus presets will send MIDI commands to the Control Switcher and the Control Switcher will perform the amp footswitch functions.

I hope that helps!

p.s. PM me if you want me to make any adjustments to your user accounts ;)