It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Firmware chip for the Ground Control (non Pro)?
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:07 am 

Hi all,

I know several years back you could buy firmware chips for the last version for the regular Ground Control, and if I remember correctly this allowed the unit to send CCs. Are those still available? The Ground Control is still a great piece of gear and I may have a use for one again, but I want to make sure it can send CCs.

Thanks,

Brandon

Post subject: Re: Firmware chip for the Ground Control (non Pro)?
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:31 am 

We do still have updates available, but what firmware revision do you have?

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:15 am 

Thank you for the reply.

I haven't purchased one yet, so I was trying to get an idea of how important it would be for me to buy one with a later firmware already installed. :)

Brandon

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:39 pm 

Well... Ended up getting one locally from a fairly well known session guitarist... It turns out to be a 1.0. :-/ How can I tell if I need the memory upgrade and how much would it be? It also came with a GCX from 1994. Is there anything that is upgradeable on that one?

Brandon

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:25 pm 

There are three digits in the firmware revision number... what is the full revision number on your Ground Control?

A 1.00 Ground Control needs some component changes that affect the Expression Pedal ports in order to accept the v2 firmware update, and may need further modifications to accept the 8k Memory. These usually need to come to us for these modifications. If you will not be using the Expression Pedal Ports or be expanding the memory, you would not need to send it in to us.

1.01 and higher will accept the v2 firmware and expanded 8k Memory with no modification to the board necessary other than to move a jumper to enable the expanded memory.

A GCX of that age would likely need a GCX v2 firmware chip if it were to be used in a Ground Control system with multiple GCX units. The direction the LEDs scroll when first powered up indicate the firmware revision. Left to Right = v1. Right to Left = v2.