Which expression pedal with GCP?

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
karmakarmakarma

Which expression pedal with GCP?

Post by karmakarmakarma » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:41 am

Hi all,

Have a GCP and a Rocktron Hex Expression pedal. Works fine except the Hex only generates CC values up to around 103. I have an old Roland expression pedal (horrible old plastic thing) that will generate 0 to 127 just fine. Obviously it's some physical thing with the Hex, etc. etc.

Anyway, I want to replace the Hex. Which (well built) expression pedals do you use that generate 0 to 127 CC with no issues?

Thanks much
JohnClark

Re: Which expression pedal with GCP?

Post by JohnClark » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:42 am

You may just have to swap the connections around to get the Hex pedal to work. However, being that it is based on the Dunlop Wah chassis it could simply be that it does not fully rotate the pot or the pot itself needs to be re-aligned to yield the full sweep. If you use an Insert cable to connect the Hex to the Ground Control Pro, try swapping the In and Out connections. If you are using a stereo cable to connect the Hex to the Ground Control Pro, try swapping the Tip and Ring connection at one end of the cable. Alternatively, I have always liked and recommended the Ernie Ball volume pedals for use as an expression pedal. Good Luck!