It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PX-8 PLUS
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:25 am 

New to forum, new px-8 plus owner. This is my first adventure into switchers and just got a dingbat w/ px-8 plus. No manual and it seems that the plus is
different enough from original px8 that the old manual will not get me where i need to be in setting up. any new updates on a plus manual?
thanks!

Post subject: Re: PX-8 PLUS
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:35 am 

There is no manual yet, sorry about that! :oops:

We can help with any questions you may have in the mean time. What are you looking to do?

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:11 pm 

Having the same PX 8 Plus issue (no manual). I have it set up and operational but need details on how to set the presets? Seems different than the base PX 8. Can you provide details?

Also having trouble using a channel for an amp channel switcher. Is it possible to use it in this way? If so how?

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:44 pm 

Gainstrive wrote:
Having the same PX 8 Plus issue (no manual). I have it set up and operational but need details on how to set the presets? Seems different than the base PX 8. Can you provide details?

Also having trouble using a channel for an amp channel switcher. Is it possible to use it in this way? If so how?

Sorry for the manual no show just yet! :oops:

Creating presets on PX-8 Plus is done as follows:

1. While in Preset Mode (LED 5 is Green) Call up the preset you wish to edit.
2. Press Button #5 to go to 4 Button Instant Access Mode (LED 5 will turn Red).
3. In this Mode "L" on the display indicates that Buttons A,D,C, and D control Loops 1-4... activate any of Loops 1-4.
4. Press the Bank Up or Down button to change the display to "H".
5. In this Mode "H" on the display indicates that Buttons A,D,C, and D control Loops 5-8... activate any of Loops 5-8.
6. Press and hold the Store button. The Store LED will turn Green, The Display will flash the current Bank number, and the Preset LEDs will scroll through continually until you make a selection.
(7.) If you want to change the bank that this new preset will be saved to, you can press the Bank Up or Bank Down button to change the Bank
8. Press the Preset button you want these settings to save to.
9. The Preset LED will flash to confirm the save.

PX-8, and PX-8 Plus loops are not really meant for preforming amp channel/function switching, but the presets can be used to control a Control Switcher that is intended for channel/function switching.
What amp do you have and what switching functions do you want to control on this amp?

I hope that helps!

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:13 am 

Thanks John this is a huge help.

Im trying to control the channel and attenuater in a Rockerverb MK3. Normally done by a two button Orange foot switch. Just wondering if your preset idea would work to activate those functions?

Thanks again so much for your preset instruction. Ill try it tonight after work.

Dave

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:02 am 

The Control Switcher will interface to the amp using the same cables that would connect the Footswitch.

The PX-8 Plus presets will send MIDI commands to the Control Switcher and the Control Switcher will perform the amp footswitch functions.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:29 pm 

Thanks John. Preset advice worked great! Working perfectly! Unfortunately the amp switcher isn't a midi controller its 1/4". I tried using the normal send/returns but they just cut the channel completly. Thanks for all your help.

Dave

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:01 pm 

Gainstrive wrote:
Thanks John. Preset advice worked great! Working perfectly! Unfortunately the amp switcher isn't a midi controller its 1/4". I tried using the normal send/returns but they just cut the channel completly. Thanks for all your help.

Dave

Sorry, but I can't help but think you are missing part of what I am saying...

The PX-8 Plus itself will not directly control your amp. In order to control your amp with this setup you would need to also have something like our Control Switcher.
http://www.voodoolab.com/controlswitcher.htm
The Control Switcher will respond to preset changes on your PX-8 Plus and make the amp change to the desired Amp Channel with the Attenuator On or Off.

Also, this thread is you too, right? viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7620
Do you want two different user accounts here?

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 7:32 pm 

The second account is my son Dave. Same name and email. Keep both if we can.

I will try the channel switcher you recommended.

Thanks

Dave

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:19 am 

Bought the VL Control Switcher you recommended and have it hooked up to the midi out of the PX8+ foot controller. The controller itself is working very well but Im getting stuck at routing the midi to assign the 4 switcher channels.

I've read the manual front to back and it explains two other VL foot controllers but not the PX8+. Since there is no manual yet to explain how to assign a channel through the midi I am stuck.

Could you please send step by step directions on how to create midi presets like you did for the PX 8+ in the thread above? Trying desperately to wrap this up.

Thank you!
Dave