It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Voodoo Lab PX-8
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:11 pm 

I've been looking into grabbing a PX-8 for a little while now, however before I make the move, there were a few things I wanted to know.

My amplifier is a Peavey 6505+. For the footswitch, it uses a 7 PIN cable. What I'd like to be able to do is control the clean/dirty channel from the amplifier onto the PX-8.

Currently, the pedals I use are Reverb, Delay, Chorus, plus tuner and noise suppressor. I want to be able to save these loops on different channels on the footswitch including the amp's dirty and clean channel.

Would an RJM Amp Gizmo (shown here: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SwitchGizmo?adpos=1o1&creative=55281441601&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&product_id=SwitchGizmo&gclid=CPnTw6D9zNMCFV5MDQodGDoKlQ) be able to work with the PX-8?

Figured I can plug the 7 PIN cable onto the MIDI input on the Amp Gizmo then connect it to the PX-8.

Any assistance you can provide would be great!

Thank you!

Post subject: Re: Voodoo Lab PX-8
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:32 am 

The Amp Gizmo with a custom cable will work with the PX-8 to set the proper amp channel whenever you recall a PX-8 preset. The one you linked would use the 1/4" jacks to control the amp.

Alternatively, our Control Switcher will also perform the same task with a Custom DIN cable that we make for use with the 6505+.

I hope that helps!