It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: PX-8 Plus Manual
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:07 pm 

raiello wrote:
Please note, I just tried your first email response and everything seemed to go as planned except for the "L" in the bank window. No activity at all-blank screen. Do I have a faulty unit or am I doing something stupid? Your comments appreciated.

Richie

If the screen is blank then I would assume you have set the PX-8+ to disable presets completely and have just eight individual loop on/off buttons. To re-enable the presets again you will have to power down the PX-8+, then hold down button #5 while powering it up. In this mode you will need to change LED 5 to Green to enable the presets again. Once set back to Green, power down the PX-8+ to save then power back up with no buttons held down.

Let us know if you get stuck!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:13 pm 

raiello wrote:
Yes, I would want to automate switching on the Twin, but I figured I would try to get the 4-presets working first. I would appreciate the info and will try all you advice.

Thanks!

Which model Twin do you have and what functions do you want to control?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:10 pm 

Hi John,

Thanks for the information on the display...I tried what you mentioned and I made sure I was in preset mode, but had no luck with the display. Then I did a factory reset and problem solved!! Thanks for your help.

Richie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:14 pm 

John,

Regarding the Twin it is a Fender twin reverb Amp, not original, but Silver face reissue with a Reverb and vibrato foot switch. I would like to get the Reverb and vibrato on the px8+ and dump the foot switch if possible.

Thanks,
Richie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:40 pm 

raiello wrote:
Hi John,

Thanks for the information on the display...I tried what you mentioned and I made sure I was in preset mode, but had no luck with the display. Then I did a factory reset and problem solved!! Thanks for your help.

Richie

Right on!

I realized this morning that you were referring to emailing with Ben here at the Lab earlier so we compared notes and decided a restart was the best place to start. Glad it worked out!

raiello wrote:
John,

Regarding the Twin it is a Fender twin reverb Amp, not original, but Silver face reissue with a Reverb and vibrato foot switch. I would like to get the Reverb and vibrato on the px8+ and dump the foot switch if possible.

Thanks,
Richie

Controlling these functions will require something like our Control Switcher. The PX-8+ presets will send a MIDI Command to the Control Switcher so it can set the Reverb and Vibrato how you want it for each preset.

I hope that helps!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:02 pm 

Yes, thanks on both emails!!