Replacement jacks for the loops in the GCX Audio Switcher

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
dshhou@att.net

Replacement jacks for the loops in the GCX Audio Switcher

Post by dshhou@att.net » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:24 pm

Can anyone tell me what type of 1/4" jack is used for the loops in the back panel of the GCX Audio Switcher? I would like to order the correct jacks to replace a broken jack before I start taking the unit apart.

bettsaj

Re: Replacement jacks for the loops in the GCX Audio Switche

Post by bettsaj » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:22 am

John Clark will probably chime in here, but as far as I know the jacks are board mounted, so it's not a straight forward solder wires jobbie.

i suspect that Voodoo Lab will be able to supply you with the correct jack sockets, and also probably offer to fit them
"My technique is laughable at times. I have developed a style of my own, I suppose, which creeps around. I'll never be a very fast guitar player."

David Gilmour

JohnClark

Re: Replacement jacks for the loops in the GCX Audio Switche

Post by JohnClark » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:20 am

Sorry for the late reply here!

We can sell you the replacement jacks if you must go that route... but we will offer to take a look at the GCX ourselves as bettsaj noted. We will check out the whole unit and let you know what might need attention.
Please feel free to give us a call or write to info@voodoolab.com to schedule an inspection or to get current pricing and availability of the parts you want on order.

I hope that helps!