It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GCP and Kemper
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:07 pm 

Hey guys, I am looking at Ground Control Pro to use it with my Kemper.

Now, I am aware it does not do bidirectional communication with the Kemper, and it has its limitations. But, from what I have read, I think it is possible to do what I intent to. Just want to confirm with you guys.

I plan on having 4 presets to control the amps in the Kemper, and use 8 IAs to turn on/off stomp/fx. I would basically use this as a pedalboard, meaning, when I change rig (amp) using the 4 preset buttons, the IAs would be turned off initially. Then, within that preset, I would turn them on/off as I intend to. As I change preset, all the fx/stomp would be turned off, and I could just turn them on individually.

This is doable, right? I mean, despite of the limitations, I just want to turn the 8 stomps/fx on/off within a "clean slate" rig.

Thanks for the help guys!

Cheers

Post subject: Re: GCP and Kemper
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:22 am 

This is doable. In fact, the Instant Access buttons can be programmed to match the state of the effects the Kemper patch you are recalling has them programmed. So if you are recalling a patch on the Kemper that actually has Chorus and Reverb turned on, then you can have the Instant Access buttons for Chorus and Reverb light up so you know they are on.
Of course, if you have your Kemper patches set up with all the effects turned off, we can match that too ;)

I hope that helps!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:38 pm 

Thanks John. So, just to be crystal clear, by using the IAs, I could press on as many switches to turn on/off FX/Stomps, and the light in the GCP will actually show exactly the status of the FX/stomps in the Kemper. Correct?

Cheers man!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:10 am 

That is correct!

When you are programming the Ground Control Pro Presets, one of the things you will do is set the state of any Instant Access buttons that are controlling effects on the Kemper.

Here is a quick walkthru on how to do this...

1. Call up the Ground Control Pro preset you want to edit.
2. Press any of the Instant Access buttons that should be active for this preset.
3. Press and hold the Edit button then release it once the screen changes.
4. Press the Edit button then press the Yes button to save the state of the Instant Access LEDs with the preset.

Once the LEDs are set to match the presets, you can press the Instant Access buttons to change any of the effects you are controlling. Recalling a preset will snap back to how the Kemper patch is programmed and the Instant Access LEDs will match the effects state for that patch.

I hope that helps!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:56 am 

Thanks a lot man! Helped big time! Final question: in order to do that, would it be required two midi cables (from GCP out to KPA in, and from GCP in to KPA out) or just one? Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:00 am 

Only one MIDI cable. Connect just the MIDI Out of the Ground Control to the MIDI In on the Kemper.

Returning back to the Ground Control Pro would cause a MIDI Loop, which would be bad ;)