It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GCP Freeze When Saving
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:55 am 

Hello Hello

So Im new to this... When i want to save a Preset for Example Bank 0 Preset 1. I press 01 then hold edit then i Scroll down to GCX-1 then i Choose the loops i want And then when i hit edit again to save , It Freezes on SAVING TO 01 and no matter what i push its Still Frozen and i have to turn off and on the power

What am i Doing Wrong ? What can i do , I learned saving like this From this video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-K5kd9s7m4

thank you

Post subject: Re: GCP Freeze When Saving
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:42 am 

And when i want to reset to factory settings it freezes on "Working..8K"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:39 am 

How are you powering your Ground Control Pro?

Does it behave the same way when powering it directly using the original power adapter with no MIDI cables connected?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:18 am 

Got the same problem. Im using the power adapter that came with my unit. Tried doing it a couple of times with and without the midi cables.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:39 pm 

jayson77 wrote:
Got the same problem. Im using the power adapter that came with my unit. Tried doing it a couple of times with and without the midi cables.

How long have you had this Ground Control Pro?
What version firmware is your Ground Control Pro running?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:34 pm 

JohnClark wrote:
jayson77 wrote:

How long have you had this Ground Control Pro?
What version firmware is your Ground Control Pro running?

Last June, But tried changing patch names about 3 days ago. Firmware 1.14

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:20 am 

I suppose you should give us a call or write to info@voodoolab.com so we can arrange to get this back here for an inspection.

Sorry for the trouble!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:45 am 

I am having this problem as well...i have mine hooked up to a sans amp psa1, power via the midi cable...when i try to edit a patch and save it freezes and i have to unhook it and try again. I use this gcp with a gcx and other set ups with no problems. I have an older gcp (digital music corp model) with the sans amp and have no issies saving. Wondering if anything was ever resolved related to this thread?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:19 pm 

Just a follow up i tried again and did the following and was able to get the gcp to save...since i have a g major 1 in the setup i had to tell the gcp to control that as well...
1. Chose the switch on the gcp, press and hold the setup button
2. Tell the gcp to engage preset 23 in the g major, bank down and tell the gcp to engage preset 51 in the sans amp psa1
3. Wait a good 10 seconds before going back in to name the newly established gcp preset.
4. Go back into the same gcp preset, press and hold the setup button. Scroll down to where you name the gcp preset.
5. Name the preset and save.
It seems when i wait a bit after choosing a preset in the g major and then the sans amp and save then go back in and name the gcp preset it works...not sure why.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:56 pm 

kevtfs wrote:
I am having this problem as well...i have mine hooked up to a sans amp psa1, power via the midi cable...when i try to edit a patch and save it freezes and i have to unhook it and try again. I use this gcp with a gcx and other set ups with no problems. I have an older gcp (digital music corp model) with the sans amp and have no issies saving. Wondering if anything was ever resolved related to this thread?

I guess I wasn't aware the PSA-1 could provide Phantom Power over the MIDI cable... so exactly how are you powering the Ground Control Pro in this setup? Is your PSA-1 actually powering the Ground Control Pro or do you have something like the Rocktron 5-7 Pin MIDI Cable?

Freezing when saving is almost always a function of either a failing MIDI cable and/or not enough current being supplied to the Ground Control Pro. That this unit fails while another one does not is interesting for sure, but since the "failing" unit also seems to work fine when powered from a GCX implies that it is still something in the setup rather than a fault within the Ground Control Pro.

The best test to start off with to know if we are talking about a setup issue or trouble with the Ground Control Pro itself is always to start off using the original power supply connected directly to the Ground Control Pro with no MIDI cables connected... do you get the same behavior when doing this?