It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 11R with GSP1101 in loop using GCP
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:32 am 

Hi,
I currently own a GCP and Mission expression pedals that control an 11R. I'm going to add a GSP1101 into the loop of the 11R with the goal of integrating the GSP's whammy, chorus, volume, delay, reverb and cabs into the presets in a 4 preset mode config :D . Several questions:

1) Anyone else doing this that can help consult me along the way (I'm neither proficient in MIDI and have never messed with a loop).
2) Is it possible to program the 4 patches to integrate the best parts of both rack units so I hit preset 2 for example and that preset uses the phaser, drive and amp from the 11R and whammy, chorus, volume, delay, reverb and cabs of the GSP1101 in the state of on/off that I want them in for that particular preset? The remaining 8 switches could turn these effects on/off on demand.
3) Should each rack unit be on it's own MIDI channel to make this work?
4) How would you recommend I setup the loop routing?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Post subject: Re: 11R with GSP1101 in loop using GCP
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:33 am 

1. I don't own either unit, so I'm not doing what you're doing, but it's not at all difficult to accomplish.

2. Yes. You'll need to add the GSP1101 as a MIDI Device on your GCPro. Pages 6 & 7 in your GCPro Manual explain how to do that. Then refer to Page 17 in your GCPro manual for directions on assigning independent MIDI Program changes to each device. To control the GSP1101 effects individually with Instant Access buttons, refer to Page 49 in your GSP1101 manual for instructions on setting up the Global Controller Mapping and Page 11 in your GCPro manual for instructions on assigning CC numbers to IA Buttons.

3. Yes, the GSP1101 should be on its own MIDI channel.

4. This is a little tricky due to the GSP1101 layout, but since you're only using it for effects, I think Example 5 on Page 11 of the GSP1101 manual would be your best option.

Hope this helps!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:17 pm 

Nyteowl, where do I fax the cash? Seriously, thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:18 pm 

:D