It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: YJM 100 switching.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:05 pm 

Anyone successfully interfaced Marshall's Stompware switching riddle ? I need access to switching the verb, gate and boost at a minimum.

No midi, just the Stompware jack on the back of the amp. Are these guys using control voltage ? Help.

Post subject: Re: YJM 100 switching.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:31 pm 

Do you get any switching at all?

If like my AFD100, then it's a stereo jack going into the switching port on the back... meaning I have to use a Y-split to combine two mono cables from the GCX to one stereo jack going into my amps... that goes for both my amps with switching means by jack...

Post subject: Re: YJM 100 switching.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:52 pm 

JK,

Thanks for the post. Yeah I think your AFD is slightly different. Since you have two functions to switch they use a more standard TRS switch. Evidently the YJM uses the Stompware ( just standard TS cable going to a 4 function switch). My suspicion is that they are using control voltage or somehow the amp reacts to a resistance load inside the pedal and depending on that impedance it changes status on the amp. Gate on/off, Reverb on/off etc. This is all pure speculation on my part however.

Not sure. Stumped at the moment. About to perform a dissection of said YJM pedal if I can't figure this one out.

-D