It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ?'s about setting up multiple guitars with multiple outputs.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:42 am 

Have a piezo/magnetic electric axxcess guitar, want to be able to run magnetic only, piezo only (with a Fishman Aura in the loop) and to fade/mix the two together if necessary... I use them with multiple amps, with a Fender Tweed and the acoustic and several different Marshall stacks on the Magnetic...

Also have LOTS of analog pedals and so would like to build a system to keep them in the racks and hidden...

Would a Ground control, multi-GCX system be the ticket, or am I still going to need other devices to work the "front end" and switch and mix the guitars?

Thanks in advance...

Post subject: Re: ?'s about setting up multiple guitars with multiple outp
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:10 pm 

jasonlee wrote:
Have a piezo/magnetic electric axxcess guitar, want to be able to run magnetic only, piezo only (with a Fishman Aura in the loop) and to fade/mix the two together if necessary... I use them with multiple amps, with a Fender Tweed and the acoustic and several different Marshall stacks on the Magnetic...

Also have LOTS of analog pedals and so would like to build a system to keep them in the racks and hidden...

Would a Ground control, multi-GCX system be the ticket, or am I still going to need other devices to work the "front end" and switch and mix the guitars?

Thanks in advance...
I suspect others will chime in to correct me if I'm wrong, but the answer is yes to everything but the mix/fade guitar issue. There is nothing in a Ground Control Pro/GCX set up that will let you "fade" between two guitar signals.

To elaborate, you can run your Mag and Piezo guitar outputs to separate GCX loops, and by turning those particular loops On or Off you will be able to "mix" the guitar signals, but only to the degree that you can have either signal by itself or both together, with the level of each signal being fed to its respective amp controlled by the guitar's Mag and Piezo volume controls and/or individual volume pedals if you have them in your signal paths.

I play a Carvin SH-65 which has Magnetic, Piezo and Synth outputs. I run the Mag and Piezo signals to a pair of volume pedals, which I use to do the mix/fade thing, while pretty much leaving the guitar's volume controls alone. It's not an ideal solution, but for now it serves the purpose.