It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Expression Pedal Help!! Axe-FX Ultra and GCP!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:07 am 

Hi there guys, I apologise in advance for being so rude as to signing up onto the forum just to ask for some help! I know thats uncool etiquette but I'm desperate!

hoping I could get some help with my Rocktron Hex Exp pedal! I'm running one through my GCP with a TRS cable, with a Midi cable to my Ultra. When I go into the I/O and try and get EXTRNL 1 to learn it, it comes up as CC7 which is already a button on my GCP. Also when I try to calibrate it under the Pedal section in the I/O menu, it doesn't do anything when i move the pedal, no values change or anything. i'm totally useless at programming my unit. Having the CC# set to 7 means I'm missing out on a button on my GCP, have I set it up wrong? I've got it set up for 4 patches per bank and the rest of the buttons to turn effects on and off like a stomp box.. Any suggestions as to sorting the problem?

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Expression Pedal Help!! Axe-FX Ultra and GCP!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:23 pm 

The Control Change Message number that the Expression Pedal sends is programmable for each Ground Control Pro preset. Check the Using Expression Pedals section of the Ground Control Pro manual under Edit Preset, particularly the Message Type and Target Device areas so you can assign your Expression Pedal to a different Control Change message and be sure it is set to control the Axe-FX.

I hope that helps!