DMC Ground Control

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
gerax

DMC Ground Control

Post by gerax » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:02 pm

Hello

I have a Ground Control pedal (the one from the "Digital Music Corp" generation). How can I know what software version it's running and if it can be updated to the latest firmware version available for it? Is it still fully compatible with new Voodoo Lab GCX switchers? Also, I remember getting an answer to an email I sent you several years ago saying that there was a firmware upgrade that allowed it to have a selective on/off loop mode. Is that still doable or should I start looking for something like an used Ground Link pedal?

Thanx

L.G.

JohnClark

Re: DMC Ground Control

Post by JohnClark » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:32 pm

Upon power up the screen will display the software version as long as you do not press any buttons. A version 1.00 Ground Control will have to come back to us for any updates to the software. If it is v1.01 or higher you can get the updated software on a chip that you install yourself.

So the question really is... what software do you have in your original Ground Control?
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

gerax

Post by gerax » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:53 pm

OK, just checked, it's v1.01 upon power up. So what should I do now?

Thanx

L.G.

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:02 pm

What should you do now... Well, if you want the upgrade, you can give us a call to order one. ;)
You will get an upgrade chip and installation instructions. I believe we no longer have the manuals for the original Ground Control but there is a .pdf version available here... http://voodoolab.com/manuals/gc_origv2manual.pdf

The big change was that version 2 software for the original Ground Control introduced the 4 Presets per bank mode. This gave you four preset buttons on the bottom row with the upper row of six buttons being Instant Access buttons. The other addition was the ability to expand the memory in order to control more than one GCX switcher.

I hope that helps!

p.s. All versions of the Ground Control and Ground Control Pro will operate any version of the GCX.

gerax

Post by gerax » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:24 pm

Thanx John

I've already downloaded the .pdf manual of the GC, even though I still have the original printed version...
I'll look into givig you a call and place an order (could you give me a quote or is it a sales dept. thing?)

As always, thanx for your time and knowledge

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:22 am

For accurate pricing, please call or write to info@voodoolab.com ... Because these posts will be up forever :shock: , I tend to avoid posting prices. ;)

gerax

Post by gerax » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:22 pm

I hear you, I'll do what you suggest.

Thanx for your help