It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GCP with GCX, AxeFx and Ernie Ball volume pedals
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:13 pm 

Hi,
I am using a GCP with a GCX, then into the AxeFx and on to a GR33. I go midi from the GCP -> GCX -> AxeFx, with the volume pedals (VPJR 6181 25k) hooked up to the GCP. The issue I am having is that when I try to go through the GCX, and activate any IA, I get the "Active" light - which stay lit from that point on. Then I have no response from the pedals.

Also, when setting up the pedal assignment on my various presets, I am not able to see any movement of the numbers indicating the sweep. I tried swapping the cables (input and output).

One last question: I have read the various comments on use of expression pedals and understand that nearly all passive pedals work. However, I am getting a non-linear response (only the lower 50 % of the pedal responds). I am sure that this has been posted, so if someone would be so kind as to point me to the correct post. I can't seem to find the solution.

Thanks,

Post subject: Re: GCP with GCX, AxeFx and Ernie Ball volume pedals
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:32 pm 

DF400 wrote:
Hi,
I am using a GCP with a GCX, then into the AxeFx and on to a GR33. I go midi from the GCP -> GCX -> AxeFx, with the volume pedals (VPJR 6181 25k) hooked up to the GCP. The issue I am having is that when I try to go through the GCX, and activate any IA, I get the "Active" light - which stay lit from that point on. Then I have no response from the pedals.

When the GCX is enabled within the Ground Control Pro, the Active LED should remain lit up on the GCX whenever the Ground Control Pro is connected to the Pedal In jack (well that is after the startup splash screen sequence has finished on the Ground Control Pro).
As for the Instant Access buttons not doing what you want... what do you have them programmed to do? You can check this in the Instant Access section under Setup Mode.

DF400 wrote:
Also, when setting up the pedal assignment on my various presets, I am not able to see any movement of the numbers indicating the sweep. I tried swapping the cables (input and output).

One last question: I have read the various comments on use of expression pedals and understand that nearly all passive pedals work. However, I am getting a non-linear response (only the lower 50 % of the pedal responds). I am sure that this has been posted, so if someone would be so kind as to point me to the correct post. I can't seem to find the solution.

Thanks,

I am unsure how both these conditions can exist... if you see no number sweep within the Ground Control Pro preset when looking at the settings for the Expression Pedal ports, then that means that the Ground Control Pro is sending no MIDI information when you sweep the pedals. If no MIDI information is sent then there should be no response at all from your MIDI devices.
Try connecting only one of your expression pedals and check for the position numbers displayed within a Ground Control Pro preset to sweep from 0-127. Let me know what you find.