Mesa Boogie Triple Crown w/ Ground Control Pro

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
ChurbDawg

Mesa Boogie Triple Crown w/ Ground Control Pro

Post by ChurbDawg » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:02 am

I am trying to program an instant access button to turn on/off my Mesa TC50's Boost. In the Mesa manual it shows that the boost is Midi channel 25 however I can only go to 16 on the GCP unit? Can anyone help me figure out how to get this button programmed?

JohnClark

Re: Mesa Boogie Triple Crown w/ Ground Control Pro

Post by JohnClark » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:55 am

That should be MIDI Control Change 25, on whatever MIDI Channel (1-16) you are already using to control any of the the other amp functions. Unless you have changed it on the amp, or have multiple MIDI Devices programmed into the Ground Control Pro, you will likely be using MIDI Channel 1.

On the Ground Control Pro:
1. Press both SETUP Buttons at the same time to enter Setup Mode.
2. Press the button labeled INSTANT ACCESS.
3. At this screen the first character indicates the Instant Access Button Number (1-8) you want to edit. Use the Select Up/Down Buttons to select the Instant Access Button you want to use.
4. Use the Data +/- Buttons to scroll thru all the options until you see "CH.1" for MIDI Channel 1.
5. Press the Cursor Right Button to highlight the "CTL" field for the Control Change Number.
6. Use the Data +/- Buttons to scroll thru all the options until you see "CTL 025" for Control Change 25.
7. Press the Cursor Right Button to select the Button Mode. You will use either "Normal" for Latching type action, or "X-Mit w/Preset" to be able to program the Boost to be on or off with each Ground Control Pro Preset.
8. Press either SETUP Button to exit and save the changes.

Let us know if you get stuck!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

ChurbDawg

Post by ChurbDawg » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:43 am

John, you Rock! Worked perfectly. Best forum post response of my life. Precise, accurate, and on the money. Thank you sir.

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:44 pm

\m/ 8-) \m/
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------