All but one preset syncs with my devices

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
L. Linz$

All but one preset syncs with my devices

Post by L. Linz$ » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:48 pm

Hi. Problem is preset 1 comes up as 1 on my 11 rack & gsp1101 2 comes up 2 3 as 3 but then 4 goes back to 2 on my devices. 5678 on up all work fine just preset 4 goes back to 2 on my devices. Anybody help. Thanks. Appreciate it

nyteowl

Re: All but one preset syncs with my devices

Post by nyteowl » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:47 am

So if I understand correctly all of your presets, with the exception of Preset 4, work as they should. That being the case, it would seem this is due to Preset 4 sending an incorrect program change number, which should be a relatively simple fix.

If you haven't done so already, I respectfully suggest you refer to the
EDIT PRESET section of your GCPro Owner's Manual beginning on Page 16, specifically the ASSIGNING MIDI PROGRAM CHANGES section on Page 17. I suspect, if you follow the steps outlined there, you'll find the bogus parameter and once corrected you'll be back up and running in short order.

Hope this helps...

I am not affiliated with Voodoo Lab in any way, but enjoy sharing what little MIDI and signal routing knowledge I've picked up over the years. If you find my assistance helpful, please pay it forward.

JohnClark

Re: All but one preset syncs with my devices

Post by JohnClark » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:52 am

Yea, it sounds to me that Bank 0 Preset 4 has simply been programmed to do exactly what you are seeing. Go into the Preset Edit Mode and re-program this preset to tell each MIDI Device to go to the number you want.

1. Recall the Ground Control Pro preset you want to re-program.
2. Press and hold the EDIT button until the screen changes.
3. Your first named MIDI device should be shown with a number to the right side of the screen. This number is the Program Change that is programmed for this MIDI Device on this preset. Type in the Program Change number you want to be sent.
4. Press Select Down to get to the next named MIDI Device and set it's Program Change. Repeat for each MIDI Device you have named.
5. You can name your preset or you can just press the EDIT button again to save the changes and exit.

I hope that helps!