Programming midi devices

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
L. Linz$

Programming midi devices

Post by L. Linz$ » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:15 am

My ? Is i have tthe GCP connected to 11 rack.. i also have a dsp 1101 i want to connect. Dont have gcx yet for audio. My ? Is can the gcp change all presets, and delays, verbs, dist, and such with instant access buttons or can you only program it to 8 between the 2 units ..i want to be able to switch from on processor to the other & be able to use all preset in both, and be able to turn on and off effects in the device im using. Thanks ahead of reply

JohnClark

Re: Programming midi devices

Post by JohnClark » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:24 am

The Eight Instant Access buttons are "Global". They do not change function depending on preset.

I hope that helps!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

L. Linz$

Post by L. Linz$ » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:48 am

No but thank you. What do you mean by global tho

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:26 pm

By Global I mean they are fixed to the eight functions you chose for the entire rig. They do not have the ability to change function on the fly.

However, you may be able to program functions on the 1101 to respond to the same messages you use to control Eleven Rack parameters. The Control Changes are fixed in an Eleven Rack, but they can be edited in the 1101. For instance, on the Eleven Rack Control Change 50 is used to control Bypass for Modulation type effects... you could program your 1101 to also use Control Change 50 for Modulation Bypass. I admit this isn't a perfect solution, but it could meet your needs.
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------