Ground control pro power supply

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
pedro#9

Ground control pro power supply

Post by pedro#9 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:27 pm

Hello,
I would like to use my gcp without the gown to control my midi preamp+g major 2. Being able to power the gcp through midi is great since that only brings one cable to the pedalboard. Therefore I m going to build a midi phantom power to run to my gcp (midi in —> midi out+power)My question:
What dc voltage do I have to use since the gcp seems to need 9v AC. Since i m sure it is filtered to dc to power the board inside, what would be the dc needed ?
Thanks in advance
Pierre

JohnClark

Re: Ground control pro power supply

Post by JohnClark » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:14 pm

The Ground Control Pro will in fact accept 9VAC or 9VDC power and should have about a 500mA minimum when using a generic type power adapter.

However, if you will be ultimately phantom powering over the MIDI Out cable you may want to consider running 9VAC since AC power won't suffer the same Voltage Drop over the length of the cable as DC power will. The adapter that comes with the Ground Control Pro is 9VAC and would work fine to power your Phantom Power box.

I hope that helps!